England vs India, 3rd Test: Statistical Preview
When: 18th August 2018- 22 August 2018, Saturday
Where: Trent Bridge, Nottingham
The Three Lions are waiting to win the series and India will not give it so quickly. The five-Test match series has seen the domination of Englishmen in two matches, but the remaining ones may change the fate of the guest’s side. India are on it’s tour to England, and they have lost 2 Test matches out of five so far. The next game is agreed to play on Trent Bridge, Nottingham on 18th August which may decide the series winner so, let’s dive into the key stats of the upcoming mouth-watering clash of the year and see who are on the brighter side.
Head-to-Head: England vs India
England and Indian have faced each other in 117 Test matches in which India won 25, England won 43 while 49 of them ended in a draw.
Particularly in England, India met the hosts in 57 matches in which England won 30, India won 6 while 21 games were ended in a draw.
At Trent Bridge, Nottingham: India and England played six matches in which Indian won 1, England won 2 and three were drawn.
England vs India, 3rd Test: Key Stats
- James Anderson is ten wickets away to reach the mark of 550 Test wickets. If he reaches the goal, he will become the second fastest bowler of the Test cricket history to achieve this feat.
- Indian right-arm-fast-Medium Ishant Sharma is 12 Test wickets away to register his name under 250 wicket- takers list.
- Stuart Broad is short of 24 runs to become the fifth player of cricketing history to score 3000 Test runs along with 400 Test wickets.
- If Joe Root scores 40 more runs in the third Test then he will enter the club of 6000 Test runs and will become the 15th English Batsmen to do so.
- Murali Vijay is 93 runs behind to enter the 4000 Test runs club. He will become the 16th Indian to do the same.
- The Deputy of Indian Skipper Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane will reach 3000 Test runs mark in the next match if he scores 107 runs. He will become the 22nd Indian to reach the mark.
Watch: England vs India, 3rd Test, India’s tour of England
You can watch the live streaming of England vs India, 3rd Test, Trent Bridge Nottingham on Sony Liv while on Television you can follow the live action on Sony Six/HD.
Indian Squad: Virat Kohli (C), Shikhar Dhawan, Lokesh Rahul, Dinesh Karthik (WK), Kuldeep Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Umesh Yadav, Shardul Thakur, Murali Vijay, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Karun Nair, Rishabh Pant, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Jasprit Bumrah, Ishant Sharma, and Mohammed Shami.
England Squad: Joe Root(c), Moeen Ali, James Anderson, Jonny Bairstow, Stuart Broad, Jos Buttler, Alastair Cook, Sam Curran, Keaton Jennings, Ollie Pope, James Porter, Adil Rashid, Chris Woakes, Ben Stokes.