Indian Premier League, 2018
Delhi Daredevils vs Rajasthan Royals
The Big Picture
It was another familiar script for the Delhi Daredevils as their bowlers struggled against a rampaging Chennai Super Kings and a familiar struggle by their overseas batsmen resulted in another heart-wrenching loss at Pune.
Their opponents in Rajasthan Royals face a similar conundrum with none of their overseas batsmen in Buttler, Stokes and power hitters like Rahul Tripathi failing to put up a substantial performance.
Where: Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi
When: 02 May 2018, 8:00 PM
Pitch Conditions: Though the pitch at the Kotla largely favors the batsman, in the past few years it has proceeded to remain slow and sluggish with slow-bowlers with all their subtle variations like cutters and knuckleball coming into play.
Statistics over the years: While over the past ten years, the average first innings score has swelled from 167 to 179, the team batting first has won 47.9% times (35) while the side chasing has a winning percentage of 49.3% (36) and 2 matches have resulted in a tie or washout.
Team News and Playing 11
- Apart from the LBW shout in the first over against Watson, Trent Boult had an ordinary outing against Chennai on Monday. Liam Plunkett’s performance was no different. DD management could be tempted to make a change there.
- Rahul Tewatia is another who has not contributed substantially in the recent games.
- Liam Plunkett who was clobbered in the last match might pave way for Dan Christian.
DD Playing 11: Prithvi Shaw, Colin Munro, Shreyas Iyer (c), Rishabh Pant (wk), Glenn Maxwell, Vijay Shankar, Rahul Tewatia/Jayant Yadav/Gurkeerat Singh Mann, Liam Plunkett/Junior Dala, Amit Mishra, Avesh Khan, Trent Boult/Junior Dala
In the Spotlight
- Ben Stokes and Jos Buttler are having a mediocre IPL 2018. There is a chance of Klaasen getting in for any of the two.
- Anureet Singh was seen practicing and might replace Lamror.
- D’Archy Short might come in for Ish Sodhi.
RR Playing 11: Ajinkya Rahane (c), Dhawal Kulkarni, Jos Buttler/Heinrich Klaasen (wk), Jaydev Unadkat, Ben Stokes, Sanju Samson, Ish Sodhi/D’Archy Short, Krishnappa Gowtham, Rahul Tripathi, Mahipal Lomror/Anureet Singh, Jofra Archer
Where to watch Delhi Daredevils vs Rajasthan Royals?
The viewers can watch the match live on Star Sports 1/HD and can also live stream the match on Hotstar.com