Indian Premier League, 2018
Delhi Daredevils vs Kolkata Knight Riders
The Big Picture
It’s been another season of anguish, despair, and agony for the Delhi Daredevils. The squad with Gautam Gambhir at the helm had promised so much leading into the tournament, fizzled out with the talismanic skipper stepping down from the leadership position.
So, a new era ushers for the Daredevils under the leadership of young Shreyas Iyer, who has a lot on his plate as he inches towards his captaincy debut. Does he drop Gambhir, who has been woefully out of form and infuse some fresh talent into the line-up?
As for the Knight Riders, they couldn’t have hoped for a better time to play the Daredevils. A win will consolidate their stranglehold in the top four.
Where: Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi
When: 27 April 2018, 8:00 PM
Pitch Conditions: Though the pitch at the Kotla largely favors the batsman, in the past few years it has proceeded to remain slow and sluggish with slow-bowlers with all their subtle variations like cutters and knuckleball coming into play.
Statistics over the years: While over the past ten years, the average first innings score has swelled from 167 to 179, the team batting first has won 47.9% times (35) while the side chasing has a winning percentage of 49.3% (36) and 2 matches have resulted in a tie or washout.
Team News and Probable 11:
Kolkata Knight Riders
- Coach Katich confirmed that Andre Russell will be fit for the encounter against Delhi after he aggravated a hamstring injury in the previous match against KXIP.
- Tom Curran might come in for Mitchell Johnson, while Shivam Mavi may pave way for Vinay Kumar.
Chris Lynn, Robin Uthappa (wk), Dinesh Karthik (capt), Nitish Rana, Andre Russell, Shubhman Gill, Piyush Chawla Sunil Narine, Kuldeep Yadav, Mitchell Johnson/Tom Curran, Shivam Mavi/Vinay Kumar
- With Gambhir stepping down, Iyer may rope in Colin Munro in place of the former skipper.
- Mohammed Shami’s availability is unknown due to family allegations, and Avesh Khan could hold on to his spot in the XI.
- Chris Morris has been ruled out of the tournament due to injury.
Colin Munro, Prithvi Shaw Rishabh Pant (wk), Glenn Maxwell/Dan Christian, Shreyas Iyer (c), Vijay Shankar, Liam Plunkett, Rahul Tewatia, Shahbaz Nadeem/Amit Mishra, Avesh Khan, Trent Boult
Where to watch Delhi Daredevils vs Kolkata Knight Riders?
The viewers can watch the match live on Star Sports 1/HD and can also live stream the match on Hotstar.com