Andrew James Tye
More of a latecomer, Tye is widely regarded as one of the primary bowlers in Perth Scorchers. He made his ODI debut for Australia in 2018 against England and is now highly regarded for his cunning variations especially in the shortest format of the game.
In 2017, Tye took 5-wickets haul on his IPL debut for Gujarat Lions which also included a hat-trick and was ruled out of the mid-tournament after sustaining an injury. In next edition, he became Purple Cap holder after claiming 24 wickets in 14 innings for Kings XI Punjab.
|Height (approx.):||192 cm|
|Weight (approx.):||88 Kg|
|Eye Colour:||Hazel Green blue|
|Date of Birth:||12 December 1986|
|Age (as on 2017):||31 years|
|Birth Place:||Perth, Western Australia|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Sagittarius|
|School:||Padbury Senior High School, Padbury, Western Australia|
|International Debut:||Against India on 29 January 2016|
|ODI:||14 January 2018 vs England|
|T20:||29 January 2016 vs India|
|Domestic/State Team:||Western Australia, Perth Scorchers, Sydney Thunder, Gloucestershire, Gujarat Lions, Kings XI Punjab|
|Nature on field:||Calm|
|Likes to play against:||NA|
|Favourite Ball:||Knuckle ball|
- In 2013-14, he became the second highest wicket-taker bowler in List A cricket. It was his debut for Western Australia
- He took a hat-trick on IPL debut (for Gujarat Lions in 2017)
- He registered the best bowling figures by a bowler on IPL debut (5/17)
- He is the Purple Cap holder for being the most wicket-taker bowler in recently concluded IPL 2018
- In 2013-14 Ryobi One-Day Cup, he took 5 wickets for 46 runs against Tasmania
|Career Turning Point|
- The 5-wicket haul for Western Australia at Optus Stadium’s inaugural match in 2013-14
|Hobbies:||Playing golf and listening to music|
|Favourite Batsmen:||AB de Villiers|
|Favourite Bowlers:||Mitch Johnson|
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||NA|
|Favourite sports personalities:||NA|
|Favourite Food:||Self-made Steak Sandwich|
|Favourite Musicians/Singers:||Blink 182, Kanye West|
|Favourite Destinations:||Not known|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|IPL 11:||7.20 crore (KXIP)|
|Lesser Known Facts|
- Gujarat Lions picked him up in IPL 2017 auction
- His performance for Perth Scorchers rose him to fame in T20 cricket
- Kings XI Punjab picked him up for 7.20 crores in IPL 2018 and he went on to become the leading wicket-taker in the tournament.
- Andrew Tye was a part fo banned Chennai Super Kings for two seasons
- Tye waited for 34 games before making his IPL debut. He didn’t even get a game for the Gujarat Lions before registering the best bowling figures by a bowler on IPL debut (5/17). He also took a hat-trick on his debut.
- On the same day, RCB’s Samuel Badree also took a hat-trick. It was first time in the history of IPL when two bowlers took a hat-trick on a single day.
- Tye made his debut for Western Australia at the of 26 and turned out to be the second highest wicket-taker of the tournament.
- Tye made his international debut at the age of 29.
- IN BBL 04, Aussies T20 skipper Aaron Finch labeled him as “the find of the tournament”.
- Tye plays for Scarborough at grade level cricket