Carl Hooper (cricketer) Wife, Weight, Height, Age, Records and More
(Former West Indies Cricketer)
Carl Hooper was regarded as one of the most gifted Caribbean cricketer, after teammate Brian Lara. When Hooper broke onto the International scene, there was too much hype surrounding hi, although he did contribute immensely to West Indies cricket with the bat as well as the ball.
|Profession:||Former West Indies Cricketer|
|Role:||Right-hand bat, Off-break|
|Date of Birth:||December 15, 1966|
|Age (as on 2018):||51 years|
|Birth Place:||Georgetown, Demerara, Guyana|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Sagittarius|
|Test:||11 December 1987 vs India|
|ODI:||18 March 1987 vs New Zealand|
|Jersey Number:||#4 (West Indies)|
|Major Team:||West Indies, Guyana, Kent, Lancashire|
|Nature on field:||Calm|
|Likes to play against:||NA|
|Career Turning Point|
- Hooper is the first and two of only cricketers to have scored 5,000 runs, taken 100 wickets, held 100 catches and received 100 caps in both ODIs and Tests.
- In 2003, while playing for Lancashire, Hooper scored centuries against all 18 county teams.
|Hobbies:||Trading currencies on the foreign-exchange market|
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||NA|
|Favourite sports Commentator:||NA|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Children:||A son (Carl Jr) and a daughter|
|Awards and recognitions|
- Shane Warne talked very highly of Hooper’s footwork in his autobiography. The Australian named Hooper among the top 100 cricketers of his time.
- In 1998, Captain Brian Lara and vice-captain Hooper refused to accompany the team on the tour because they were unhappy about payments to the players.
- In 2012, Hooper said that the IPL is one of the biggest threats to cricket.
|Lesser Known Facts|
- Hooper first came out of retirement to captain West Indies team in 2003 Cricket World Cup.
- Hooper has lived in Adelaide since the late 1990s. He has coached clubs based out of South Australia.
- Hooper helps wife and her brothers to run a chain of coffee shops called Un Caffe Bar in Adelaide.