Heath Streak (cricketer) Wife, Weight, Height, Age, Records and More
(Former Zimbabwe Cricketer)
Zimbabwe cricket team’s bowling spearhead in the 1990s and early 2000s, Heath Streak claimed more than 450 Internationals wickets. Accuracy, and on top of that out-swinging ability, made him one of the best during his time. Besides bowling exploits, he was a useful lower-order bat who rescued Zimbabwe many a time.
|Nickname:||Streaky, Bacon, Beefy|
|Profession:||Former Zimbabwe Cricketer, Cricket Coach|
|Date of Birth:||16 March 1974|
|Age (as on 2018):||44 years|
|Birth Place:||Bulawayo, Rhodesia|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Pisces|
|School:||Falcon College, Bulawayo|
|Father:||Denis Streak (Former first-class cricketer)|
|Test:||1 December 1993 vs Pakistan|
|ODI:||10 November 1993 vs South Africa|
|Jersey Number:||#9 (Zimbabwe)|
|Domestic/State Team:||Zimbabwe, Africa XI, Ahmedabad Rockets, Hampshire, Matabeleland, Warwickshire|
|Nature on field:||Calm|
|Likes to play against:||NA|
|Career Turning Point|
- The first Zimbabwean to reach 100 Test wickets.
- Highest wicket-taker for Zimbabwe in Tests and ODIs.
|Favourite Cricketers:||Dennis Lillee, Ian Botham, Barry Richards, Richard Hadlee, Glenn McGrath, James Anderson|
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||Melbourne Cricket Ground|
|Favourite sportsmen:||Ian Rush|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Children:||Son – Harry Streak|
|Awards and recognitions|
- Heath Streak claimed in an interview in The Observer that he was faced with moral challenges in captaining Zimbabwe. He said he was asked to falsely tell white players that they were not talented enough and were to be replaced by black players.
|Lesser Known Facts|
- Steak played rugby during his early years but switched to cricket in teenage.
- Heath Streak played for Zimbabwe in Under-19 before making his International debut.
- Streak completed apprenticeship as a learner professional hunter and has a licence as a bush guide.