Kevin Pietersen (cricketer) Wife, Weight, Height, Age, Records and More
Kevin Peter Pietersen
(Retired England Cricketer)
Kevin Peter Pietersen alias KP is arguably one of the best English batsmen to ever grace the cricket field. The former English skipper was born in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa, and was one of those players who completely changed the vision of England Cricket. The English side was lacking risk takers in early 2000 that is when KP made his mark in world cricket and announced the arrival of a flamboyant, risk taker, swashbuckling batsman. The stature of Kevin Pietersen was immense and when he left playing he was the fourth highest run-getter for England with 8181 runs in 104 Test matches. He had an unfortunate end to his cricketing career when he was abruptly out of the national side after an unforgettable Ashes tour of 2013-14 in Australia. His career was cut short by the English Cricket Board after some differences between him and the board and his stint to represent England was over once and for all after the 2013-14 ashes.
|Nickname:||KP, Kev, FIGJAM, The Ego, Kelves and Kapes|
|Profession:||Retired England Cricketer|
|Autobiography:||KP: The Autobiography|
|Height (approx.):||193 cm, 6 Feet 4 Inches|
|Weight (approx.):||88 Kg|
|Hair Colour:||Greyish Black|
|Tattoos:||Right Biceps and arm, Left Shoulder, Left side Rib cage area
|Date of Birth:||27th June 1980|
|Age (as on 2018):||38 years|
|Birth Place:||Pietermaritzburg, South Africa|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Cancer|
|College:||Maritzburg College, Pietermaritzburg, South Africa|
|Brother:||Tony Pietersen, Greg Pietersen, Bryan Pietersen|
|Address:||Riverside Flat in London, UK|
|Test:||21 July 2005 vs Australia at London|
|ODI:||28th November 2004 vs Zimbabwe at Harare|
|Jersey Number:||#24 (England), #24(IPL, County)|
|Domestic/State Team:||Deccan Chargers, Delhi Daredevils, ICC World XI, Natal, KwaZulu-Natal, Dolphins, Hampshire, Nottinghamshire, Quetta Gladiators, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Rising Pune Supergiant, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Surrey, St Lucia Zouks.|
|Nature on field:||Aggressive|
|Likes to play against:||Australia|
|Favourite Shot:||Switch-hit Shot|
- He is one of those batsman who scored a ton on his debut first-class match for Nottinghamshire.
- In his debut first-class season, he scored a total of 1275 runs at an excellent average of 57.95.
- He was the ICC emerging player of the year in 2005.
- In the same year i.e. 2005, he was the ICC ODI player.
- He was the Wisden Cricketer of the year in 2006.
- He is the 8th Englishman to score 50s in both the innings in his debut Test match.
- He was the man of the tournament in the ICC World T20 and he is the first England player to win this award.
- He holds the record for completing the fastest 4000 runs in Test matches.
- He scored his maiden ODI fifty in his debut match against Zimbabwe.
|Favourite Batsmen:||Hansie Cronje, Virat Kohli, Jacques Kallis, Ricky Ponting, Sachin Tendulkar, Chris Gayle|
|Favourite Bowlers:||Curtly Ambrose, Courtney Walsh|
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||Adelaide and The Oval|
|Favourite sports personalities:||NA|
|Favourite Food:||Japanese Food and Barbeque|
|Favourite Actors:||Kiefer Sutherland|
|Favourite Car:||Lamborghini Gallardo, Mercedes G55|
|Favourite Musicians/Singers:||Jon Bon Jovi|
|Favourite Destinations:||Melbourne, Australia|
|Smoking/Alcohol:||Smoking: No, Alcohol: Yes|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Affairs/Girlfriends:||Jessica Taylor (Singer and Model)|
|Marriage Date:||29 December 2007|
|Children:||Son: Dylan Pietersen, Daughter: Rosie Pietersen|
|Net Worth:||$7.5 Million|
- He had an ugly spat with Australia’s Mitchell Johnson in the 2013-2014 Ashes Test series which resulted in a serious war of words between the two on the field that is when the on-field umpire Kumar Dharmasena got in between and separated the two.
- He was always in the news for his wayward behaviour with the ECB and one of his disputes came in May 2012 when he wanted to play in the IPL but due to the denial from ECB, he retired his announcement from the shortest format of cricket.
- He made a comeback in the longest format of the game home Ashes series in the same year and put up a decent show with the bat but was unable to put up a good show when the side went to Australia for the Ashes, that is when he was dropped from the side forever after some disputes with team management and coach.
|Lesser Known Facts|
- Smoking: No
- Drinking alcohol: Yes
- Kevin Pietersen was born in South Africa and is a South African by origin.
- His family shifted to England in the year 2000 to show their protest against racial discrimination in South Africa.
- After shifting to England, he initially played for the Cancock CC in Birmingham.
- His Ashes Test debut was a prolific one where his aggressive batting style helped the English team to recoupe the Ashes after 1986.
- He used to play hockey in his school days, that is where he learned the famous switch-hit which turned out to be one of the best and successful shots of his playing career.
- During his playing days, he used to get nervous a lot while waiting for his batting and thus used to go for a “nature’s call” every 5 minutes.
- He is only behind Sir Don Bradman in aggregate runs after completing 25 Test innings.
- He has played for the England Lions in the 2003-04 Duleep trophy in India.
- Kevin has a tattoo on his left side lower rib area which shows a world map, with red stars which indicates where he has scored hundred around the world.