Praveen Kumar (cricketer) Wife, Weight, Height, Age, Records and More
Born at Laprana village of Shamli district in a Hindu Jat farmer family on 2 July 1986, Praveen Kumar is an Indian cricketer whobowls right-hand medium pace.
He was born in a humble family to a police head constable Mr Sakat Singh Khaiwal and Mrs Murti Devi Khaiwal and he got married to Sapna Choudhary in 2010, who is a national-level Shooting sports player.
He is the owner of a farmhouse in Barnava village and Praveen Restaurant and Wedding Banquet in Meerut located on NH-58 Rohtak Road Crossing. He shot into limelight after his remarkable performances for India Red in 20017 NKP Salve challenger trophy.
|Height (approx.):||180 cms|
|Weight (approx.):||78 kg|
|Date of Birth:||2 October 1986|
|Age (as on 2018):||31 years|
|Birth Place:||Laparna, Shamli. UP|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Pisces|
|Father:||Mr. Sakat Singh Khaiwal|
|Test:||20 June 2011 v West Indies|
|ODI:||18 November 2007|
|T20:||1 February 2008 v Australia|
|Domestic/State Team:||Uttar Pradesh, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Kings XI Punjab, Mumbai Indians, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Gujarat Lions|
|Nature on the field:||Agressive|
|Likes to play against:||Not Known|
|Career Turning Point|
- His performance for India Red in the NKP Salve Challenger trophy brought him into the notice of Indian selectors.
- He took a five-wicket haul against England in the first Test match.
- In 2010, he became the 7th bowler in the history of IPL to take a hat-trick against Rajasthan Royals in Bengaluru.
|Favourite Cricket Ground:|
|Favourite sports Commentator:||NA|
|Awards and recognitions|
- Following his heroic bowling in the Tri-series against Australia, former Indian cricketer Manoj Prabhakar bestowed him the title of ‘Magician’ for his skills of swinging the ball.
- In 2008, he faced allegations of thrashing a doctor in Meerut.
- In 2011 during the West Indies tour, he was involved in a tussle with a spectator and did the same during the England tour during a tour game against Northants.
|Lesser Known Facts|
- Praveen hails from a humble background. His father was a farmer, but he had interest in cricket since his childhood.
- Not hailing from a well-off background, he had to sell his bicycle to arrange for his Puma shoes before going for U-19 trials.
- When Praveen Kumar was in 10th standard, he skipped exams before the finals for playing cricket.