Samuel Matthew Curran
Born in Zimbabwe, Sam Curran is a budding English cricketer who is primarily a bowling all-rounder. In just his second Test series at the tender age of 20 against India he was an impeccable performer which also saw him receiving the Man of the series award. He claimed eleven wickets in the four Tests he played and got runs in excess of 250. He hails from a cricketing family where his father Kevin Curran played Internaional cricket for Zimbabwe while his Elder brother Tom Curran also plays as a fast bowler in the English Test and T20 side.
|Height (approx.):||5 Feet 9 Inches|
|Weight (approx.):||69 Kg|
|Eye Colour:||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth:||3rd June 1998|
|Age (as on 2018):||19 years|
|Birth Place:||Northamptonshire, England|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Gemini|
|School:||St George’s College, Harare|
|College:||Wellington College, Berkshire|
|Test:||1st June 2018 vs Pakistan|
|ODI:||24 June 2014 vs Australia|
|Jersey Number:||#58 (ODI)|
|Domestic/State Team:||Surrey, Auckland Aces|
|Nature on field:||Calm|
|Likes to play against:||Australia|
|Career Turning Point|
- In only his second Test match, he scalped 5 wickets for 92 runs in the match and scored a magnificent match saving 63 of just 65 deliveries in the second innings. His all-round show earned show helped his claim the man of the match award in the first Test of the home series against India in 2018.
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||NA|
|Favourite sports Commentator:||NA|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Awards and recognitions|
|Lesser Known Facts|
- Sam Curran holds the record for becoming the youngest ever player to take a four-fer for England when he took 4 wickets for 74 runs in the first innings against India on August 1st 2018 at Edgbaston.
- His brother Tom Curran also plays for England as is a bowling all-rounder like him.
- He has spent his childhood in Zimbabwe as his family used to live in Rusape in Zimbabwe.
- Kevin Curran is his father who has played International cricket for Zimbabwe.