Shaun William Tait
(Former Australian Cricketer)
Shaun William Tait is a former Australian cricketer who has bowled the fastest ever delivery clocking 161.1 Kmph for Australia and he shares this accolade with Australian great Brett Lee who also has clocked 161.1 Kmph. He has represented his national side in two World Cups, i.e. in the 2007 and 2011 edition. Tait’s bowling action is a bit sling which helps him generate even more speed. He had the ability to bowl in excess of 150 Kmph at regular intervals. Though he did not had much control on his speed and sometimes described as “erratic” because he gives way too many extras. He has also represented IPL teams like Kolkata Knight Riders and Rajasthan Royals but did not have any notable performance during his stint. In the year 2017, he officially announced his retirement from International cricket.
|Shaun William Tait|
|Nickname:||Sloon and Tinga|
|Profession:||Former Australian Cricketer|
|Height (approx.):||6 Feet 4 Inches|
|Weight (approx.):||96 Kgs|
|Date of Birth:||22nd February 1983|
|Age (as on 2018):||35 years|
|Birth Place:||Bedford Park, Adelaide, South Australia|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Pisces|
|Brother:||Jarrad Philip Tait|
|Test:||25th August 2005 vs England|
|ODI:||2nd February 2007 vs England|
|T20:||11th December 2007 vs New Zealand|
|Jersey Number:||#32 (International and Domestic)|
|Domestic/State Team:||Chittagong Kings, Durham, Essex, Adelaide Strikers, Glamorgan, Melbourne Renegades, Hobart Hurricanes, Mid West Rhinos, Peshawar Zalmi, South Australia, Rajasthan Royals, Kolkata Knight Riders, Wellington.|
|Nature on field:||Aggressive|
|Likes to play against:||New Zealand vs England|
|Career Turning Point|
- In the 2003-04 ING Cup where he bagged 18 wickets for South Australia and was the second leading wicket taker in the competition.
- He has bowled the second fastest ball in cricket history clocking 161.1 km/hr vs England in 2010. Only Shoaib Akhtar has clocked more than him with 161.3 km/hr.
- Took 30 wickets in the 2004 Pura Cup which is an Australian domestic competition at an average of 28.33.
- In the 2001 World Cup in West Indies he scalped 23 wickets at an average of 20.30.
|Favourite Batsmen:||Sir Vivian Richards, Brad Hodge|
|Favourite Bowlers:||Jeff Thompson, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Curtly Ambrose and Glenn McGrath|
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||Perth|
|Favourite sports Commentator:||NA|
|Favourite Food:||Chicken Dishes|
|Favourite Actors:||Leonardo Di Caprio, Charlie Sheen, Will Ferrell, Rob Lowe, Jason Alexander, Jennifer Lopez, Molly Sims|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Wife/Spouse:||Mashoom Singha (2014-present)
|Marriage Date:||12th June 2014|
|Awards and recognitions|
- Bradman Young Cricketer of the year 2004.
- ICC Emerging player of the year 2007.
|Lesser Known Facts|
- On 29 January 2008, Shaun Tait announced an indefinite break from cricket, citing being physically and emotionally exhausted.
- Many of his friends and teammates call him ‘The Wild Thing’ for his raw and fiery pace.
- He is married to an Indian model Mashoom Singha.
- His sister-in-law Shamita Singha is the winner of Femina Miss India Earth 2001.
- Shaun Tait is the co-owner of Hotel Elliot.
- He spends half of his year in Adelaide and half in Mumbai from where his wife belongs.
- He considers his country mate Brad Hodge the toughest batsman to bowl to.