Stephen Rodger Waugh
Steve Waugh is a Former Australian Legendary professional cricketer born in Campise, Australia. He was commonly known as “Tugga”. He is known for his aggressive nature. He sets the standard of Australian cricket. He was the winning captain of Australian cricket team in 1999, later on, he passed his legacy to another aggressive and legendary captain Ricky Ponting who took the Australian cricket to the heights. Steve Waugh is not only considered as a great captain but also a great batsman for which he was voted for Wisden Cricketer of the Year 1989, Wisden Australia Cricketer of the Year 2000-01, Allan Border Medal 2001.
|Steve Waugh |
|Nickname: ||Tugga |
|Profession: ||Former Australian Professional Cricketer |
|Autobiography: ||Out of My Comfort Zone |
|Biopic: ||NA |
|Physical Appearance |
|Height (approx.): ||178 cm |
|Weight (approx.): ||73 Kg |
|Eye Colour: ||Dark Brown |
|Hair Colour: ||Grey |
|Tattoos: || |
|Personal Life |
|Date of Birth: ||2-6-1965 |
|Age (as on 2017): ||53 years |
|Birth Place: ||Campise, Australia |
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign: ||Gemini |
|Nationality: ||Australia |
|School: ||NA |
|College: ||NA |
|Educational Qualifications: ||NA |
|Signature: ||NA |
|Father: ||Rodger Waugh |
|Mother: ||Beverly Waugh |
|Sister: ||NA |
|Brother: ||Mark Waugh, Danny Waugh, Dean Waugh |
|Coach/Mentor: ||NA |
|Religion: ||Non- religious |
|Address: ||Canterbury, New South Wales, Australia |
|Cricket Career |
|International Debut: || |
|Test: ||26 December 1985 v India |
|ODI: ||9 January 1986 v New Zealand |
|T20I: || |
|Jersey Number: ||#5 |
|Domestic/State Team: ||New South Wales, Somerset, Ireland, Kent |
|Nature on field: ||Aggressive |
|Likes to play against: ||England |
|Favourite Shot/Ball: ||Pull Shot |
- Steve Waugh is a world cup winning captain of Australia 1999.
- He played 168 test matches and scored 10,927 runs at an average of 51.06.
- He scored 50 half centuries and 32 centuries in his test career.
- He also voted as the Wisden Cricketer of the Year 1989, Wisden Australia Cricketer of the Year 2000-01, Allan Border Medal 2001
- When captained the world cup winning team Australia in 1999
|Hobbies: || |
|Favourite Batsmen: ||Allan Border |
|Favourite Bowler: || |
|Favourite Cricket Ground: ||MCG |
|Favourite sports personalities: ||NA |
|Favourite Food: ||NA |
|Favourite Actors: ||NA |
|Favourite Films/TV Show: ||NA |
|Favourite Musicians/Singers: ||NA |
|Favourite Destinations: ||NA |
|Smoking/Alcohol: ||NA/NA |
|Style Quotient |
|Cars Collection: ||NA |
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children |
|Marital Status: ||Married |
|Affairs/Girlfriends: ||NA |
|Wife/Spouse: ||Lynette Waugh |
|Marriage Date: ||1990 |
|Net Worth: ||2 million Dollar |
|IPL Earnings: ||NA |
- He was inducted in Australian Cricket Hall of Fame on 3 February 2009.
- He was awarded the Australian Sports Medal in 2000.
- He was also awarded the Australian Cricketer Year award in 2004.
- He was appointed as an Officer of the Order of Australia (AO) in the Queen’s Birthday Honour list of 2003.
- He is considered as an Australian Living Legend.
- Waugh spot and criticized over “manipulation of the points system” during the Cricket World Cup to ensure his team’s succession
- Steve could have been a football player because he started his sports career with Football.
- Steve credit’s his Mother with the Legendary Competitive Edge He Had
- Steve Used to Keep Meticulous Tour Diaries
- steve Has Set Up a Unique Foundation
- Steve’s Favourite Grub during Matches Used to be Plum Chicken
- Steve is Actually Elder to Twin Mark by 4 Minutes
- Steve Has Been Inducted into the Exclusive ‘Australian Living Treasures’ Group
- Steve Was the Mentor of the Australian Olympics Team at Beijing in 2008