The wicketkeeper hailing from Bengal is known to be one of the best wicketkeepers the country has had when it comes to technique. Saha has made a tremendous effort in the recent years to help himself be relevant in all formats of cricket. The player is the first choice wicketkeeper in the Test format for India, and post the inevitable MS Dhoni’s retirement, it is expected he will be jostling for the same slot in the limited overs format. Furthermore, Saha has also evolved to become an attacking batsman who can help put pressure on opposition bowlers.
|Weight (approx.):||62 Kg|
|Eye Colour:||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth:||24 October 1984|
|Age (as on 2017):||33 years|
|Birth Place:||Saktigarh, Siliguri, West Bengal, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Scorpio|
|School:||Siliguri Boys’ High School, Siliguri, West Bengal|
|Father:||Prashanta Saha (Used to work at West Bengal State Electricity Board)|
|Brother:||Anirban Saha (Elder, Engineer)|
|Test:||6 February 2010 vs South Africa in Nagpur|
|ODI:||28 November 2010 vs New Zealand in Guwahati|
|Jersey Number:||#6 (India)|
|Domestic/State Team:||Board Presidents XI, Kolkata Knight Riders, Chennai Super Kings, Bengal, East Zone, Kings XI Punjab, Mohun Bagan|
|Nature on field:||Calm|
|Likes to play against:||NA|
Wriddhiman Saha was part of a 417 run stand which in November 2010.It was the highest partnership for the sixth wicket in Ranji Trophy and the third highest in Indian first-class cricket at the time.
|Career Turning Point|
He performed consistently in the innaugral IPL and that got him a place in the India A squad. From that point forth he only progressed in his career to cement his place in the national team.
|Hobbies:||Playing video games|
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||NA|
|Favourite sports personalities:||NA|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Wife/Spouse:||Romi Saha aka Debarati (Married 2011)|
|IPL 11:||5.00 Crore|
|Lesser Known Facts|
- Wriddhiman Saha doesn’t smoke or drinks alcohol.
- As a child, Wriddhiman Saha actually wanted to become an F1 Driver but gave up on his dream of seeing how difficult it is to get into it.
- As a teenager, he started playing cricket with tennis balls, as a medium pacer, and later, he became a wicket-keeper when he started playing with leather balls.
- He met his wife Debarati, on the social networking site Orkut and married her four years later in March 2011.
- He is the first cricketer to score a century in the final match of the Indian Premier League (2014).
- Saha’s wife Debarati runs a food joint called Puran Dhakain Kolkata.