ENG V/s IND dream11 today match prediction: The next edition of WTC will kick-start with England hosting India for a 5 match test series. England were hammered by India in a 4 match test series earlier this year on rank turners after England shocked everyone by winning the first test.
India copped a lot of criticism from former England players for preparing such tracks where the game didn’t even last for 7 sessions. India were under the pressure during that series as WTC final was on cards. India can go into this series expecting some extremely seamer friendly conditions which was the case in 2018.
SL vs IND Live: Ishan Kishan First Ball SIX on ODI Debut – WATCH
ENG V/s IND 1st Test Dream 11 Match Prediction
- Indian captain Virat Kohli was operating on a different level when these 2 teams met in England last time around. He scored 593 runs in 5 tests including 2 centuries and 3 50s. It was the redemption for 2014 where he scored a grand total of 134 in 10 innings. It was the series where all the batsmen struggled to get going but Virat Kohli was scoring runs for fun.
- Jos Buttler has emerged as one of the integral parts of England’s test side in the last 2 years or so. He was a disappointment in tests pre 2018 but he started to up his game big time. He was the 2nd leading run getter from England in 2018 with 349 runs.
- The pocket dynamite Sam Curran was the difference between India losing and winning the series in 2018. He scored 272 runs at an average of 38 and picked 11 wickets in 4 games. His all round performance in that series was one for the ages.
ENG V/s IND Today Match Prediction
England will be without their superstar all-rounder in Ben Stokes. He took an indefinite break from playing cricket just days before the series. He gives massive balance to the side. It is also fair to say that he is the best test batsman in that England setup at the moment.
5 players who will surely be Indian Captain in Future
He is known for his long spells with the ball when nothing is going for England. He provides that breathing space for England being the 5th bowler and it will be a huge blow for England.
ENG V/s IND Winnings Chances
The odds are in favor of the hosts in England. Indian batting lineup is so fragile so is England’s but you expect the home team to find ways to score runs at some stage of the game to put the opposition under pressure.
Bet365- ENG- 2.75, Draw- 2.37, IND- 3.75
Betway- ENG- 2.75, Draw- 2.30, IND- 3.50
Playing 11 for Today’s Match
ENG Playing 11
Rory Burns, Dom Sibley, Zak Crawley, Joe Root, Ollie Pope, Dan Lawrence, Jos Buttler, Ollie Robinson, Mark Wood, Stuart Broad, James Anderson
- James Anderson was the leading wicket-taker for England with 24 wickets at an astonishing average of 18 in the 2018 series
- Joe Root has just 561 runs in 11 tests at an average of 31 in the last 2 years in England.
IND Playing 11
Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant, Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Mohammad Shami, Ishant Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah
- Ishant Sharma was the leading wicket taker for India in 2018 with 18 wickets at an average of 24.
- Cheteshwar Pujara averaged 39 in 2018 series and that was largely due to the big 100 in Southampton.
Shivam Dube Marriage: India cricketer gets married. See Photos and Details