IRE vs ZIM Dream11 Today Match Prediction: Zimbabwe won a nail biter to go 1-Nil up in the 5 match T20I series against the host nation in Ireland. The game turned out to be an low scoring affair and Zimbabwe held their nerves towards the end in what should have been an easy chase for Ireland.
All Ireland needed was 6 runs of the final over with a well set Simi Singh in the crease but they bottled the chase due to some excellent death bowling by Richard Ngarava who gave away just 2 runs in the final over.
Hilarious! Rishabh Pant shadow batting at non-striker end while bowler about to deliver
IRE vs ZIM 2nd T20I Dream11 Match Prediction
- Wellington Masakadza opened the bowling and was brilliant to say the least. He picked 2 wickets for 18 runs in 4 overs.
- Ryal Burl picked 3 wickets for 22 runs in his 4 overs. His leg breaks were pretty useful for Zimbabwe.
- Regis Chakabva is continuing his good form into this series as well. He scored 47 off 28 balls including 4 boundaries and a maximum.
- Paul Stirling had a good start but couldn’t convert his good start. He scored 24 off 19 balls.
IRE vs ZIM Today Match Prediction
Zimbabwe missed most of their star players and yet they managed to come on top. Ireland did play their best possible 11 but their batting order collapsed, top order in particular. Kevin O’Brien is extremely inconsistent at the top of the order and time is running out for him.
Three Indians in Shakib Al Hasan’s All-time ODI XI, MS Dhoni named captain
There were a lot of fringe players in that Zimbabwe lineup and one can only imagine what can they bring to the table if they assemble a full strength squad. Wellington Masakadza scored 19 off 15 balls towards to end which proved to be the turning point in the game.
IRE vs ZIM Winning Chances
Ireland walk into the game as favorites even after losing the first game. Zimbabwe managed to win the first game but still their overall strength of the team is way below than Ireland’s purely because of the absence of top tier players. The likes of Brendan Taylor and Sean Williams would make Zimbabwe outright favorites but their absence has made them considerably weak.
Bet365- IRE- 1.61, ZIM- 2.30
Betway- IRE- 1.72, ZIM- 2 05
Playing 11 For Today’s game
IRE Playing 11
Paul Stirling, Kevin O’Brien, Andrew Balbirnie, George Dockrell, Shane Getkate, Curtis Campher, Neil Rock, Simi Singh, Barry McCarthy, Craig Young, Benjamin White
- Craig Young generated brilliant pace and bounce in the first game and bowled an excellent spell where he picked 2 wickets for 15 runs in his 4 overs. He made the Zimbabwean batters to dance to his tunes especially with the new ball.
- Curtis Campher is a brilliant potential with the ball but he was the most expensive bowler from Ireland where he gave 25 runs in 2 overs which turned out to be a difference between the two sides. A much improved performance is expected of him in this game.
ZIM Playing 11
Tadiwanashe Marumani, Wesley Madhevere, Regis Chakabva , Dion Myers, Craig Ervine, Milton Shumba, Ryan Burl, Luke Jongwe, Wellington Masakadza, Tendai Chatara, Richard Ngarava
- Luke Jongwe was magnificent with the ball. He bowled his 4 overs and gave away just 17 runs and picked 2 wickets. He restricted the run flow in the middle overs.
- Tendai Chatara was a bit on the expensive side as he gave 8 runs per over. He is one of the experienced campaigners and is expected to comeback strongly in this game.
‘Rename the series the collapse trophy’: Cricket Twitter reacts to India’s collapse on Day 4 of 3rd Test