PAK vs NZ Dream11 Today Match Prediction: New Zealand are visiting Pakistan after 18 years and they have assembled a B-squad where the likes of Kane Williamson, Trent Boult, Lockie Ferguson, Jimmy Neesham, Tim Southee, Mitchell Santner have all been allowed to play the IPL instead of an international assignment.
New Zealand have good backup players as far as ODI format is concerned. They know a thing or two about playing percentage cricket and if they can knock off Babar Azam early, they can put this strong Pakistan team under pressure. The spin department of New Zealand lacks confidence as the absence Mitchell Santner is a big blow.
PAK vs NZ 1st ODI Dream11 Prediction
- Shaheen Shah Afridi took 9 wickets in the 2018 series and was the leading wicket taker for Pakistan. He had an impressive economy rate of 4.89. He is an even better bowler now and NZ batters will have tough time facing him.
- Hasan Ali was on a decline in 2018 and his numbers were evident in that series where he picked 2 wickets at an average of 60 and had an economy rate of 6.72. The speedster is in excellent bowling form at the moment and NZ will have their task cut out.
- Shadab Khan picked 5 wickets in 2 games at an economy rate of under 4.
- Tom Latham scored 69 runs in 2 games at a very good strike rate of 97.
When is the next ODI World Cup and who will host it
PAK vs NZ Today Match Prediction
NZ have an inexperienced team for this series as all their stars have been either rested or allowed to participate in the IPL. They paid the price for resting their key players against Bangladesh where they lost the T20I series 3-2. It wont be an easy task for their fringe players to manage a gun Pakistan bowling attack.
Ajaz Patel bowled brilliantly on rank turners against Bangladesh but the wickets in Pakistan is set to aid batsmen and fast bowlers. It will be a stern test for the SLA.
New IPL teams base price set at ₹2000 crore INR
PAK vs NZ Winning Chances
The odds are hugely in favor in Pakistan in this series according to betting sites. New Zealand are at the back of a series defeat against Bangladesh in the T20I series. Pakistan have announced a full strength squad for this series and they will be eager to bag this series in their home. They have a well rounded side with 2 leg spinners in their playing 11 and New Zealand have good players of spin and it will be a mouth watering contest.
Bet365- PAK- 1.33, NZ- 3.40
Betway- PAK- 1.33, NZ- 3.20
Playing 11 For Today’s Match
PAK Playing 11
Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Babar Azam, Saud Shakeel, Mohammad Rizwan, Iftikhar Ahmed, Shadab Khan, Hasan Ali, Usman Qadhir, Haris Rauf, Shaheen Shah Afridi
- Fakhar Zaman was the highest run getter for Pakistan when these 2 teams met in 2018 for a 3 match ODI series. He scored 154 runs at a strike rate of 90 and averaged 51 with 2 fifties.
- Imam-ul-Haq scored a 50 in the only innings he played that series but his strike rate was a paltry 69. He would like to improve on that part in this series.
NZ Playing 11
Rachin Ravindra, Finn Allen, Will Young, Tom Latham, Henry Nicholls, Colin de Grandhomme, Cole McConchie, Dough Bracewell, Ajaz Patel, Jacob Duffy, Matt Henry
- Henry Nicholls managed to score just 48 runs in 3 games at a strike rate of 57 last time around. With no senior players available, a lot will depend on him in the middle order in this series.
- Matt Henry played only game in 2018 and picked one wicket for 53 runs. He will be leading the attack this time around in the absence of Trent Boult and Tim Southee.
India’s squad list for T20 World Cup 2021: Analysis, Strengths, Weaknesses & Prediction