UEFA Champions League is counted under one of the most followed leagues in the world. It consists of 32 teams involved in a season of the championship which is planed according to the international fixture, and the teams lock horns to become the European champion. so here are the guide to UEFA Champions League, Draws, Groups and much more.
How is it planned?
It took a ceremony to decide the draws of the championship which was organised in Madrid previously on 30th August 2018 in the same event, UEFA also announced the Women’s Player of the Year, Player Of The Year, Goalkeeper of the Year, Defender of the Year, Midfielder of the Year and Forward of the Year.
How does it work?
Spanish Giants, Real Madrid are the defending champions of the season, so before they start their campaign let us know more about the procedure of the UEFA Champions League.
- League consists of 32 teams in which 26 teams were given direct entry to the group stage. This clause comes under new competition system, and six winners of the play-off ties later joined them.
- After assuring the teams, there comes the way to put them in the Pots to decide the draws. Teams were split into four Pots. First Pot consists of the UEFA Europa League winners and the champions of the six highest-ranked nations. Second and fourth Pots comprises the teams of better club coefficient rankings.
- It is a universal rule that no club will play a match with their league mates in the group stage. Even clubs from Russia and Ukraine cannot play in the same group.
- If two or more clubs are coming from the same league, then they’ll be paired and split accordingly.
- The draw en-routes the path of the UEFA Youth League.
18/19 September: Group Stage, Match Day One
2/3 October: Group Stage, Match Day Two
23/24 October: Group Stage, Match Day Three
6/7 November: Group Stage, Match Day Four
27/28 November: Group Stage, Match Day Five
11/12 December: Group Stage, Match Day Six
Round of 16
17 December: Round Of 16 Draw
12/13/19/20 February: Round Of 16, First Leg
5/6/12/13 March: Round Of 16, Second Leg
15 March: Quarter-Final & Semi-Final Draw
9/10 April: Quarter-Finals, First Leg
16/17 April: Quarter-Finals, Second Leg
30 April/1 May: Semi-Finals, First Leg
7/8 May: Semi-Finals, Second Leg
Saturday 1 June: Final – Estadio Metropolitano, Madrid
Atletico Madrid (ESP)
Borrusia Dortmund (GER)
Monaco FC (FRA)
Club Brugge (BEL)
Crvena zvezda (SRB)
Lokomotiv Moskva (RUS)
Bayern Munich (GER)
Manchester City (ENG)
Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
Real Madrid (ESP)
CSKA Moskva (RUS)
Manchester United (ENG)
Young Boys (SUI)
Leagues which involved in the UEFA Champions League this year
ESP: Real Madrid, Atlético Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia
GER: Bayern München, Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Hoffenheim
ENG: Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur, Liverpool
ITA: Juventus, Napoli, Roma, Internazionale Milano
FRA: Paris Saint-Germain, Lyon, Monaco
RUS: Lokomotiv Moskva, CSKA Moskva
POR: Porto, Benfica
UKR: Shakhtar Donetsk
BEL: Club Brugge
CZE: Viktoria Plzeň
SUI: Young Boys
NED: Ajax, PSV Eindhoven
GRE: AEK Athens
SRB: Crvena Zvezda
Note: This Guide completely relies on the information given on UEFA Champions League’s official website. Stay tuned for further updates.