Mairaj Ahmad Khan Shooting: Born on 2 November 1975, Mairaj Ahmed Khan is an Indian shooter in the shotgun skeet discipline. In 2016, Mairaj Ahmed Khan won the silver medal at ISSF World Cup held in April in Rio de Janeiro, the host country for 2016 Olympics. Born in Khurja, district Bulandshahar in Uttar Pradesh, Khan is the first Indian athlete to represent India in the SK125 Event during the Rio Olympic Games.
Mairaj Khan was born in a family of landlords in Khurja, Bulandshahr a small district in Uttar Pradesh. His parents were Ilyas Ahmed Khan and Farrukh. Mairaj took up shooting in 1998 right after college and gradually transformed it into the profession.
Mairaj Ahmad Khan ISSF World Cup in 2003 in Lonato, Italy was Mairaj’s first international competition.
Born: 02 November 1975
Mairaj Ahmad Khan Age: 44 years
From: Khurja, Bulandshahar, UP
Personal Coach: Mr Andrea Benelli
National Coach: Mr Sunny Thomas
Current World Rank: 56
Mairaj Ahmad Khan Medals & Achievements
- Gold Medal in 2012 All India Sardar Sajjan Singh Sethi Master’s Shooting Championship, Delhi.
- Gold Medal in 2011 National Games, Ranchi
- Gold Medal in 2009 All India Sardar Sajjan Singh Sethi Master’s Shooting Championship, Jammu.
- Gold Medal (National Champion) in 2016, 2010, 2009, 2007 National Shooting Championship Competition (NSCC), Delhi, Patiala, Jaipur.
- Gold Medal (Pairs event) in 2010 Commonwealth Shooting Championship, New Delhi, India.
- Gold Medal (Team event) in 2008 Singapore open shooting championship
- Gold Medal (Team event) in 2007 Singapore open shooting championship
Mairaj Ahmad Khan Olympics:
- Ended at ninth place in 2016 Rio de Janeiro with a score of 121
Mairaj Ahmed Khan Family members:
Father – Ilyas Ahmed Khan
Mother – Farrukh
Siblings – Najam Ahmed Khan, Siraj Ahmed Khan and Farheen Ilyas Khan
- Mairaj won the Olympics quota in the Shotgun Skeet Event in Lonato, Italy in September 2015 and became the first Indian to qualify in this discipline.
- Mairaj is the first and only Indian to have held both the World Cup title as well as the Olympic quota for India at the same time
- He won the Silver Medal at the 2016 ISSF World Cup Championship in Rio as well as a quota place for the shotgun skeet event for the Olympics in 2016.
- Mairaj’s autobiography entitled Hard Target is to be published soon.
- Mairaj has a plan to support India’s upcoming talent of skeet shooters through MAK Shooting Foundation