After a crushing loss in the Asia Cup 2018 opener against Bangladesh, Sri Lanka would want to give their all in a “must-win” situation against mercurial Afghanistan.
The five-time Asia Cup winner, Sri Lanka need their batting to fire against Afghan’s team. However, this would be tricky against quality spin-bowling of Afghanistan. Sri Lanka would draw inspiration from the fact that Afghanistan have not been able to win a single ODI game against Sri Lanka thus far.
Ashgar Afghan’s side come into the tournament after registering series wins over Zimbabwe and Ireland. For them to get better of the opposition, they have to be watchful and smart with their batting.
Quick Tips for AFGH vs SL Dream 11 Team
Big match players
- In Upul Tharanga, Sri Lanka have one of the better batsmen in the tournament. In the first fixture against Bangladesh, Tharanga looked in fine nick but was unfortunate to chop one onto the stumps. He could make a big difference here.
- Rashid Khan and Mohammad Nabi have proved their worth time and again. With steady performances in the recent series, these two can swing the game Afghanistan’s way.
- For a choice of wicket-keeper, Kusal Perera is a better option. Mohammad Shahzad has been short of runs and had a poor series behind the wickets against Ireland.
- Akila Dananjaya has joined Sri Lankan squad for the remainder of the tournament. With impressive returns against South Africa recently, he would be a confident bowler in the middle.
- Dhananjaya de Silva could be another valuable pick, for he is bowling well besides batting in the top-order for team Sri Lanka. Although, there is a talk of Dickwella getting in for one of the all-rounders.
Players to avoid
- Dilruwan Perera is most likely to make way for Akila Dananjaya.
- One among Najibullah Zadran and Sayed Shirzad is likely to play here.
Also read: AFGH vs SL Dream 11 Prediction