IND vs PAK Dream 11: Injury updates, team changes and more
In “a spot in the tournament final” Super Four Asia Cup 2018 fixture, it’s a high stake contest of the arch-rivals – India and Pakistan.
India were too good for Pakistan in the group meeting but they cannot be complacent to allow what happened during the ICC Champions Trophy 2017 when they lost against. Again, the key to their success would be opening batsmen and the spin duo.
Pakistan, after a thrilling win over Afghanistan on Friday, come into the fixture more confident than before. They would not want to rely on Babar Azam and Shoaib Malik and want more from their bowlers if they are to bounce back.
Quick Tips for IND vs PAK Dream 11 Team
Big match players
- Shikhar Dhawan has scored 213 runs in three outings so far, while his opening partner Rohit Sharma has accumulated 158 in as many outings. The kind of form they are in, they can take the game away from Pakistan.
- Babar Azam has been the most prolific of the Pakistan batsmen, scoring 146 runs in three knocks.
- Among others batsmen who can be backed to come good in the game are Shoaib Malik, Ambati Rayudu, Fakhar Zaman and Imam-ul-Haq.
- Among the fast bowlers, Jasprit Bumrah and Bhuvneshwar Kumar have been impressive so far. The spin duo of Kuldeep Yadav and Yuzvendra Chahal can also be backed to come good in the game. Among the Pakistan bowlers, Shaheen Afridi was impressive on his ODI debut.
Players to avoid
- India is most likely to field the same XI that played Bangladesh on Friday.
- If fit, Shadab Khan will slot it. But, who he will come in for? Pakistan have to make calls between Harris Sohail, Mohammad Nawaz and Faheem Ashraf.