Auckland vs Central Districts
Preliminary Final, Super Smash 2017-18
In the preliminary final of the Super Smash 2017-18 at Auckland, Auckland clash with Central Districts in the battle for the final. The winner of the fixture gets to play Northern Districts in the final on January 20. Central Districts have turned the heat on in the late stages to reach 3rd spot and have a shot at the title.
Date& Time: January 17, 16:10 Local / 08:40 IST
Venue: The Eden Park, Auckland
Pitch and conditions
- The venue is an ideal T20 wicket with runs galore.
- Auckland has received brief showers in the last two days.
Auckland Team News:
Form: L W L NR W
Robbie O’Donnell has picked up a hamstring injury. Jeet Raval comes in for him.
Craig Cachopa (c), Michael Barry, Mark Chapman, Sam Curran, Donovan Grobbelaar, Ronnie Hira, Ben Horne, Ben Lister, Tarun Nethula, Teja Nidamanuru, Glenn Phillips (w), Jeet Raval, Sean Solia
Ronnie Hira, Tarun Nethula, Ben Horne , Jeet Raval , Mark Chapman, Craig Cachopa (c), Sam Curran, Donovan Grobbelaar, Glenn Phillips (wk), Sean Solia, Ben Lister
- Mark Chapman has been the most consistent Auckland batsman, with a century and two 50+ scores to show against his name.
- Ben Lister has picked 13 wickets in the 8 matches.
Central Districts Team News:
Form: W W W L NR
- Ryan McCone is the only addition to Central Districts squad.
- Adam Milne might get a place in CD XI.
Will Young (c), Jesse Ryder, George Worker, Tom Bruce, Dane Cleaver (w), Josh Clarkson, Ben Wheeler, Bevan Small, Christian Leopard, Ajaz Patel, Seth Rance, Blair Tickner, Ryan McCone
Jesse Ryder, Seth Rance, George Worker, Will Young (c), Ben Wheeler, Dane Cleaver (wk), Tom Bruce, Ajaz Patel, Bevan Small, Josh Clarkson, Blair Tickner
- Will Young is the leading run-scorer in the tournament.
- Blair Tickner is the leading wicket-taker in the competition.
- Tom Bruce has scored 147 runs at a strike rate of 220 in the last three matches.
India Fantasy Prediction:
The Eden Park is the hunting ground for Auckland based side, although Central Districts have with the form and confidence of back-to-back wins. We suggest you pick from the key players and more from the Auckland side.
Please note: This AUK vs CD match preview is based on our research and news sourced from various sources. You can select your own playing XI from the squads of the two teams listed above.
Auckland vs Central Districts Fantasy Team:
Note: Kindly revisit before the deadline to get the final update. Press the Bell icon at the bottom of the screen to never miss the updates.