Key Players: Middlesex vs Hampshire, Lyca Kovai Kings vs Chepauk Super Gillies, Western Storm vs Surrey Stars
The Big Picture
Thursday promises to be an exciting day for all T20 fans around the globe with a plethora of slam-bang Cricket at their disposal. The Vitality Blast will witness a South Group clash between Middlesex and Hampshire at Lord’s while the Women’s Super League will see defending champions Western Storms take on Surrey Stars. Closer home, TNPL will be in full swing with the Lyca Kovai Kings taking on the Chepauk Super Gillies.
Here’s a look at Key Players who will have a pivotal role to play in the aforementioned matches.
Middlesex vs Hampshire, South Group
- Max Holden (36 against Hampshire in the last game), Paul Stirling, and Eoin Morgan will be crucial for Middlesex.
- Dwayne Bravo scored a 29-ball-38 and claimed 1-28 against Hampshire in the last encounter. He will be Middlesex’s X-Factor.
- On the bowling side of things, Tom Helm (1-15) and Steven Finn will be crucial.
- The trio of Vince (23), Munro (63) and Rilee Rossouw (32) have been the cornerstone of Hampshire’s batting this County season. They’ll once again hold the key against Middlesex.
- On the bowling front, Chris Wood (2-33), Dawson (1-31) and Munro (2-20) had a field day in the last fixture against Middlesex. They’ll play a crucial role once again when the teams meet at Lord’s.
Lyca Kovai Kings vs Chepauk Super Gillies
Lyca Kovai Kings
- Abhinav Mukund (42) and Shahrukh Khan (67) were imperious in LYC’s eight-wicket win in their last fixture. They hold the key again going into the game against Chepauk Super Gillies.
- In the bowling department, the onus will be on MP Rajesh (7 wickets in four matches) and S Ajith Ram (four wickets in 2 games) to lead the attack.
Chepauk Super Gillies
- For CHE, skipper Gopinath scored a 38-ball-47 in the last fixture. He, along with Sasidev (23) and B Rahul (77 runs in 3 matches) will be the spearheads of the batting unit.
- In bowling, Murugan Ashwin and B Arun (2-29) will be crucial.
Western Storm vs Surrey Stars, 5th Match
- For the defending champions, Smriti Mandhana (48) and skipper Heather Knight (97) were the spearheads in their seven-wicket win over Yorkshire Diamonds. They’ll once again lead the batting might.
- On the bowling front, Freya Davies (2-28) and Claire Nicholas (1-29) had a great outing in the first game. The onus will be on them to claim early wickets.
- For the Stars, the failure of Lizelle Lee, Taylor and Natalie Sciver was a pivotal reason in them posting a sub-standard score. They, along with Sophia Brown, who scored a whirlwind 43-ball-66 will be pivotal with the bat.
- On the bowling front, Scover, Maizanne Kapp (2-21) and van Niekerk will be the spearheads.