AUS vs PAK ICC World Cup 2023: M Chinnaswamy Stadium Bengaluru Pitch, Venue Stats, Record, Average Score
Updated on: Oct 19, 2023 3:44 pm IST
Australia will face Pakistan next in the ODI World Cup 2023 on Friday. The match will be played at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore.
Australia didn’t start well in the competition as they lost back-to-back games against India and South Africa, respectively. However, they finally managed to open their account with a win over Sri Lanka in their previous game.
On the other hand, Pakistan had a contrasting start with back-to-back wins over Netherlands and Sri Lanka, respectively. However, they lost their last game to India in one completely one-sided game. Both teams now will look to win this fixture as a loss to any side will make their run to the semifinals difficult.
In this post, we will take a look at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium Pitch, Venue Stats, Record, and Average Score ahead of the World Cup clash between Australia and Pakistan.
M Chinnaswamy Stadium’s Pitch Report
It is one of the best batting tracks in India. The bowlers will find it difficult here to contain the batters as the surface is flat. Furthermore, the boundary dimensions are short and the outfield is lightning-quick. One could expect a high-scoring encounter here.
Last Three Results at the Venue:
- Australia (286/9 in 50 overs) lost to India (289/3 in 47.3 overs) by 7 wickets – 19 January 2020
- Australia (334/5 in 50 overs) defeated India (313/8 in 50 overs) by 21 runs – 28 September 2018
- India (383/6 in 50 overs) defeated Australia (326/10 in 45.1 overs) by 57 runs – 2 November 2013
Australia ODI record in M Chinnaswamy Stadium
Australia have played a total of 10 ODI matches here. They have won four and lost five matches here. Meanwhile, one game ended without any result.
Australia’s Highest Total at the venue: 347/2 in 50 overs vs India in 2003
Australia’s Lowest Total at the venue: 215/10 in 50 overs vs India in 1996
Pakistan ODI record in M Chinnaswamy Stadium
Pakistan have played two ODI matches at this venue. They have won one ODI and lost the other one.
Pakistan’s Highest Total at the venue: 291/8 in 50 overs vs India in 1999
Pakistan’s Lowest Total at the venue: 248/9 in 49 overs vs India in 1996
Australia vs Pakistan ODI Head-to-Head
Australia Won: 69
Pakistan Won: 34
No Result: 3
Highest Total For Australia: 369/7 in 50 overs in 2017
Lowest Total For Australia: 105/10 in 25.3 overs in 2014
Highest Total For Pakistan: 120/10 in 41.3 overs in 1997
Lowest Total For Pakistan: 108/10 in 36 overs in 2002
M Chinnaswamy Stadium Ground Info
Seating Capacity: 40000
Number of matches hosted: 24 Tests, 26 ODIs, and 8 T20Is
M Chinnaswamy Stadium ODI Stats and Records
Total Matches Played: 26
Home Team (India) Won: 14
Visiting Team Won: 5
Neutral Side Won: 4
No Result: 1
Match Tied: 2
Average 1st Innings Score: 260
Matches Won Batting 1st: 11
Matches Won Batting 2nd: 12
Highest Team Total: 383/6 by India vs Australia in 2013
Lowest Team Total: 168/10 by India vs Australia in 1999
Highest Run Chase: 329/7 by Ireland vs England in 2011
Highest Individual Score: 209 by Rohit Sharma (India) vs Australia in 2013
Best Bowling Figures: 5/31 by Yuvraj Singh (India) vs Ireland in 2011
Most Runs: Sachin Tendulkar (India) – 534 runs in 11 matches
Most Wickets: Zaheer Khan (India) – 14 wickets in 8 matches
Most Sixes in ODIs at this venue: Rohit Sharma (India) – 28 Sixes
Stats of Australia Players at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium
- Steven Smith – 151 runs in 4 matches
- David Warner – 127 runs in 2 matches
- Marnus Labuschagne – 54 runs in 1 match
- Glenn Maxwell – 60 runs in 1 match
- Adam Zampa – 2 wickets in 2 matches
- Josh Hazlewood – 1 wicket in 1 match
- Pat Cummins – 1 wicket in 2 matches
Stats of Pakistan Players at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium
- No current Pakistan players have played any match at this venue.
Active Batters with most runs at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium
- Rohit Sharma (India) – 437 runs in 4 matches
- Virat Kohli (India) – 152 runs in 6 matches
- Steven Smith (Australia) – 151 runs in 4 matches
Active bowlers with most wickets at M Chinnaswamy Stadium
- Mohammed Shami (India) – 7 wickets in 3 matches
- Ravindra Jadeja (India) – 5 wickets in 2 matches
- R Ashwin (India) – 4 wickets in 2 matches
Never miss an update, visit Google News & FOLLOW US.