CSK vs KKR IPL 2023: MA Chidambaram Stadium Chennai Pitch Report, Team Records at Chepauk

Published on: May 14, 2023 12:21 pm IST|Updated on: May 14, 2023 12:22 pm IST

MA Chidambaram Stadium pitch report for CSK vs KKR IPL 2023 Match 61

Match 61 of Tata IPL 2023 is upon us. The MA Chidambaram Stadium will be playing host to this fixture which will be played between Kolkata Knight Riders and the hosts Chennai Super Kings. KKR have no chance of making it to the playoffs now, whereas, a win for CSK here will take them to the tabletop position for the time being.

CSK vs KKR IPL 2023: MA Chidambaram Stadium Pitch Report

In recent matches, the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai has witnessed an average first innings score of 163 runs, indicating a potential high-scoring affair. The pitch at this venue has been conducive to run-scoring, raising the possibility of another run fest. However, spinners could pose a threat during the middle overs, exploiting the conditions. So far this season, an equal number of games have been won by teams batting first and teams chasing. Over the past three years, pacers have been dominant, claiming 56% of the wickets, while spinners accounted for the remaining 44%.

Dream11 Prediction | Cricket Match Prediction Today Cricket Match Prediction

Teams record at the venue

Chennai Super Kings record at MA Chidambaram Stadium

Played: 52
Won: 44
Lost: 17
Tied/NR: 1/0

Kolkata Knight Riders record at MA Chidambaram Stadium

Played: 12
Won: 3
Lost: 9
Tied/NR: 1/0

CSK vs KKR head-to-head

Talking about the head-to-head battle between CSK and KKR, it has been a dominant show from the MS Dhoni led side. The two teams have squared off 28 times in IPL history, Chennai has won 18 matches whereas Kolkata has won only 9 games. One match ended in a no result.

Matches Played Chennai Super Kings Won Kolkata Knight Roders Won
28 18 9

Is MA Chidambaram batting or bowling pitch?

The MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chepauk has witnessed quite a few high scoring matches in this season. However, the nature of the wicket has always been slow and the spinners have made the most of the conditions. Something similar is expected to happen in this match as we saw in DC vs CSK, the last game played here. With dew being a factor in the latter part of the game, expect team winning the toss to chase.

Follow us on Google News

For daily fantasy sports tips on your mobile phone, Fill out the form below

Previous Article
Next Article