ENG vs AFG ICC ODI World Cup 2023: Arun Jaitley Stadium Delhi Pitch, Venue Stats, Record, Average Score
Updated on: Oct 14, 2023 3:03 pm IST
England will face Afghanistan in their next game of the ICC ODI World Cup 2023 on Sunday at the Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi. The defending champions didn’t have a favourable start as they lost their opening game to New Zealand by 9 wickets.
However, England bounced back nicely by winning the next game against Bangladesh by 137 runs. On the other hand, Afghanistan have lost both of their first two matches. They have lost against Bangladesh and India by 6 wickets and 8 wickets, respectively.
In this post, we will take a look at Arun Jaitley Stadium Pitch, Venue Stats, Record, and Average Score ahead of the World Cup clash between England and Afghanistan.
Arun Jaitley Stadium Pitch Report
It is a belter of a surface and there is nothing in it for the bowlers. The batters will dominate this game as the ball will come straight to the bat. Furthermore, the outfield is lightning-quick. Bowlers will be in for another tough day in the office.
Last Three Results at the Venue:
- Afghanistan (272/8 in 50 overs) lost to India (273/2 in 35 overs) by 8 wickets – 11 October 2023
- South Africa (428/5 in 50 overs) defeated Sri Lanka (326/10 in 44.5 overs) by 102 runs – 7 October 2023
- South Africa (99/10 in 27.1 overs) lost to India (105/3 in 19.1 overs) by 7 wickets – 11 October 2022
England ODI record in Arun Jaitley Stadium
England have played four one-day matches at this venue. They have won two and lost two games here.
England’s Highest Total at the venue: 289/6 vs Australia in 1987
England’s Lowest Total at the venue: 144/10 vs Pakistan in 2005
Afghanistan ODI record in Arun Jaitley Stadium
Afghanistan have played only one one-day game at this venue. They lost that game.
Afghanistan’s Highest Total at the venue: 272/8 vs India in 2023
Afghanistan’s Lowest Total at the venue: N/A
England vs Afghanistan ODI Head-to-Head
England Won: 2
Afghanistan Won: 0
No Result: 0
Highest Total For England: 397/6 in 50 overs in 2019
Lowest Total For England: N/A
Highest Total For Afghanistan: 247/8 in 50 overs in 2019
Lowest Total For Afghanistan: 111/7 in 36.2 overs in 2015
Arun Jaitley Stadium Ground Info
Seating Capacity: 55000
Number of matches hosted: 35 Tests, 28 ODIs, and 7 T20Is.
Arun Jaitley Stadium ODI Stats and Records
Total Matches Played: 28
Home Team (India) Won: 14
Visiting Team Won: 7
Neutral Side Won: 6
No Result: 1
Match Tied: 0
Average 1st Innings Score: 238
Matches Won Batting 1st: 13
Matches Won Batting 2nd: 14
Highest Team Total: 428/5 by South Africa vs Sri Lanka in 2023
Lowest Team Total: 99/10 by South Africa vs India in 2022
Highest Run Chase: 281/4 by India vs Sri Lanka in 1982
Highest Individual Score: 145 by Ricky Ponting (Australia) vs Zimbabwe in 1998
Best Bowling Figures: 6/27 by Kemar Roach (West Indies) vs Netherlands in 2011
Most Runs: Sachin Tendulkar (India) – 300 runs in 8 matches
Most Wickets: Ravindra Jadeja (India) – 9 wickets in 6 matches
Most Sixes in ODIs at this venue: Kusal Mendis (Sri Lanka) – 8 Sixes
Stats of England Players at the Arun Jaitley Stadium
- None of the current English players have played at this venue.
Stats of Afghanistan Players at the Arun Jaitley Stadium
- Hashmatullah Shahidi – 80 runs in 1 match
- Azmatullah Omarzai – 62 runs in 1 match
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz – 21 runs in 1 match
- Rashid Khan – 2 wickets in 1 match
Active Batters with most runs at the Arun Jaitley Stadium
- Virat Kohli (India) – 277 runs in 8 matches
- Rohit Sharma (India) – 202 runs in 3 matches
- Kane Williamson (New Zealand) – 118 runs in 1 match
Active bowlers with most wickets at the Arun Jaitley Stadium
- Ravindra Jadeja (India) – 9 wickets in 7 matches
- Jasprit Bumrah (India) – 7 wickets in 3 matches
- Kemar Roach (West Indies) – 7 wickets in 2 matches
Never miss an update, visit Google News & FOLLOW US.