IND vs AUS ICC World Cup 2023: Narendra Modi Stadium Ahmedabad Pitch, Venue Stats, Record, Average Score
Updated on: Nov 18, 2023 6:38 am IST
It is time for the final of the ICC ODI World Cup 2023 and the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad will host the spectacle. The hosts India will take on Australia on Sunday at 2:00 PM IST.
India have been simply unstoppable in the tournament as they entered the semifinals after winning all of their nine league games. In the semifinal, they defeated the Kiwis by 70 runs to extend their winning run to 10 matches.
On the other hand, Australia are also on an 8-game winning run. They lost both of their first two league matches but bounced back in style by winning the next seven league games. In the semifinal, they defeated the Proteas by 3 wickets to book their berth in the final.
In this post, Check the Narendra Modi Stadium Pitch, Venue Stats, Record, and Average Score ahead of the World Cup clash between India vs Australia.
Narendra Modi Stadium’s Pitch Report
The surface is hard and the bounce is likely to stay even. However, it might be slightly dual-pace and the ball might stop on the batters. The spinners will get some turn off the surface, while the pacers would outfox the batters with pace variations. The batting might get easier during the second innings if the dew comes into play.
Is Narendra Modi Stadium a batting or a bowling pitch?
It is a sporting surface with something in it for everyone. There are plenty of runs available for the batters but it is not so easy to bat on. The bowlers will also get some help here.
Last Four Results at the Venue:
- Afghanistan (244/10 in 50 overs) lost to South Africa (247/5 in 47.3 overs) by 5 wickets – 10 November 2023
- Australia (286/10 in 49.3 overs) defeated England (253/10 in 48.1 overs) by 33 runs – 4 November 2023
- Pakistan (191/10 in 42.5 overs) lost to India (192/3 in 30.3 overs) by 7 wickets – 14 October 2023
- England (282/9 in 50 overs) lost to New Zealand (283/1 in 36.2 overs) by 9 wickets – 5 October 2023
India ODI record in Narendra Modi Stadium
India have played 19 ODIs at this venue. They have won 11 and lost 8 games here.
India’s Highest Total at the venue: 325/5 in 50 overs vs West Indies in 2002
India’s Lowest Total at the venue: 100/10 in 28.3 overs vs West Indies in 1993
Australia ODI record in Narendra Modi Stadium
Australia have played 6 ODIs at this venue. They have won 4 and lost 2 matches.
Australia’s Highest Total at the venue: 286/10 in 49.3 overs vs England in 2023
Australia’s Lowest Total at the venue: 141/10 in 43.3 overs vs India in 1986
Narendra Modi Stadium Ground Info
Seating Capacity: 132000
Number of matches hosted:15 Tests, 30 ODIs, and 7 T20Is.
Narendra Modi Stadium ODI Stats and Records
Total Matches Played: 29
Home Team (India) Won: 11
Visiting Team Won: 8
Neutral Side Won: 11
No Result: 0
Match Tied: 0
Average 1st Innings Score: 243
Matches Won Batting 1st: 15
Matches Won Batting 2nd: 15
Highest Team Total: 365/2 by South Africa vs India in 2010
Lowest Team Total: 85/10 by Zimbabwe vs West Indies in 2006
Highest Run Chase: 325/5 by India vs West Indies in 2002
Highest Individual Score: 152* by Devon Conway (New Zealand) vs England in 2023
Best Bowling Figures: 4/12 by Prasidh Krishna (India) vs West Indies in 2022
Most Runs: Rahul Dravid (India) – 342 runs in 5 matches
Most Wickets: Kapil Dev (India) – 10 wickets in 6 matches
Most Sixes in ODIs at this venue: Rohit Sharma (India) – 8 sixes
Stats of India Players at the Narendra Modi Stadium
- Rohit Sharma – 307 runs in 6 matches
- Virat Kohli – 192 runs in 8 matches
- Shreyas Iyer – 133 runs in 2 matches
- Suryakumar Yadav – 104 runs in 3 matches
- KL Rahul – 68 runs in 2 matches
- Ravindra Jadeja – 48 runs and 4 wickets in 4 matches
- Shubman Gill – 16 runs in 1 match
- Prasidh Krishna – 9 wickets in 3 matches
- Mohammed Siraj – 7 wickets in 4 matches
- R Ashwin – 5 wickets in 3 matches
- Kuldeep Yadav – 4 wickets in 2 matches
- Jasprit Bumrah – 2 wickets in 1 match
- Shardul Thakur – 2 wickets in 3 matches
Stats of Australia Players at the Narendra Modi Stadium
- Travis Head – 11 runs in 1 match
- David Warner – 15 runs in 1 match
- Steven Smith – 44 runs in 1 match
- Marnus Labuschagne – 71 runs in 1 match
- Josh Inglis – 3 runs in 1 match
- Cameron Green – 47 runs in 1 match
- Marcus Stoinis – 35 runs and 1 wicket in 1 match
- Mitchell Starc – 2 wickets in 1 match
- Josh Hazlewood – 2 wickets in 1 match
- Pat Cummins – 2 wickets in 1 match
- Adam Zampa – 3 wickets in 1 match
Active Batters with most runs at the Narendra Modi Stadium
- Rohit Sharma (India) – 307 runs in 6 matches
- Virat Kohli (India) – 192 runs in 8 matches
- Devon Conway (New Zealand) – 152 runs in 1 match
Active bowlers with most wickets at the Narendra Modi Stadium
- Prasidh Krishna (India) – 9 wickets in 3 matches
- Mohammed Siraj (India) – 7 wickets in 4 matches
- Alzarri Joseph (West Indies) – 6 wickets in 3 matches
Never miss an update, visit Google News & FOLLOW US.