India’s T20 World Cup Squad Probables

Published on: Sep 9, 2022 9:46 am IST|Updated on: Sep 9, 2022 9:46 am IST

India's T20 World Cup Squad

Indian Cricket Team has been in the headlines for the past few days, especially after their horrendous outing in the ongoing Asia Cup 2022. The six-nation tournament was more of a preparation for them ahead of the T20 World Cup 2022. But they got eliminated in the Super 4 stage and many have raised concerns over them, especially with World Cup around. Speculations have been raised around what will be their squad for the marquee tournament. 

India’s T20 World Cup Squad Probables

It’s fair to say that India’s sole focus will be on the T20 World Cup after a poor outing in Asia Cup. In the upcoming series against Australia and South Africa, they would be looking to get all the answers. They were criticised a lot for their squad selection in the Asia Cup as they opted for just three seamers and many have suggested them to not take a foolish decision for the marquee tournament.

Skipper Rohit Sharma has clearly mentioned that 95% of the team is ready the remaining 5% of changes will be done after the Australia and South Africa series.

The Indian squad for the T20 World Cup 2022 will be quite predictable as there’s no brainer that Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja and Jasprit Bumrah will be an automatic selection for the team.

However, the questions are around who will be players around these seven core players. Although there will be a tussle between Rishabh Pant and Dinesh Karthik for the place of keeper batter in the playing XI, it is expected that both will be named in the squad.

Being the senior spinner, Yuzvendra Chahal is also expected to be named in the squad with Ravi Bishnoi as his backup in the side. The young spinner has been impressive in his short career so far.

While the batting, all-round and spin department looks almost settled, it’ll be interesting to see who will be the pacers along with Jasprit Bumrah in the side. Arshdeep Singh, who has impressed many with his performances, is expected to be one name in the squad.

Bhuvneshwar Kumar might get dropped as he has been unable to deliver for his team and it is likely that Harshal Patel, who is a genuine wicket-taker will make a comeback. In place of Bhuvneshwar, India can rope in Mohammad Shami in the side. Umran Malik can also be the surprise pick considering the pace and bounce on the wickets of Australia.

Probable Indian squad for T20 World Cup 2022

Rohit Sharma (c), KL Rahul (vc), Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant (wk), Dinesh Karthik (wk), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Yuzvendra Chahal, Ravi Bishnoi, Jasprit Bumrah, Arshdeep Singh, Mohammad Shami, Umran Malik, Harshal Patel

Apart from the main 15-member squad Shreyas Iyer, Axar Patel, Deepak Chahar and Deepak Hooda are likely to be reserves.

Click for more Cricket News

For daily fantasy sports tips on your mobile phone, Fill out the form below

Previous Article
Next Article