MI vs RCB, Match 5 of IPL 2023: Mumbai Indians Player Availability & Probable Playing XI
Updated on: Mar 31, 2023 3:57 pm IST
After a disappointing end to their campaign in the last edition, 5-time IPL champions Mumbai Indians would be looking to start their season on a high. Mumbai finished last in IPL 2022 and now they will kick-off their season at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru against Royal Challengers Bangalore.
MI vs RCB Team News: Jasprit Bumrah, Jhye Richardson ruled out
Mumbai Indians’ ace for pace Jasprit Bumrah has been ruled out of IPL 2023 due to a back injury. This back injury has troubled the pacer in the past as well and has been out of action since September 2022. Mumbai Indians haven’t named any replacement yet for Bumrah but we may get a news soon about his replacement.
Another pacer who has been ruled out of the tournament for Mumbai Indians is Jhye Richardson. A recurring hamstring injury will keep Jhye out of action for two months. The MI team management is yet to name a replacement but, in his absence, Jason Behrendorff will be getting a place in the eleven and will partner Jofra Archer.
IPL 2023 | Dream11 Prediction | Cricket Match Prediction Today | Cricket News | Photo Gallery | IPL Stats
Predicted MI playing 11
1. Ishan Kishan
2. Rohit Sharma (C)
3. Tilak Varma
4. Suryakumar Yadav
5. Tim David/Dewald Brevis
6. Cameron Green
7. Ramandeep Singh
8. Jofra Archer
9. Kumar Kartikeya/Hrithik Shokeen
10. Jason Behrendorff
11. Shams Mulani/Piyush Chawla
- Ishan Kishan and skipper Rohit Sharma will be opening the innings.
- Cameron Green, one between Tim David or Dewald Brevis, Suryakumar Yadav and Tilak Varma will be forming the middle-order for MI.
- Jofra Archer and Jason Behrendorff will be the premier pacers in the eleven.
- All-rounders Ramandeep Singh and Cameron Green will be the other two seam bowling options who will be also hold the key with the bat as well.
- Kumar Kartikeya, Hrithik Shokeen, Piyush Chawla, and Shams Mulani will be the spin bowling options in the side. It would be interesting to see the two spinners who will get a place in the eleven.
Follow us on Google News