NZ vs PAK 2023 World Cup: M Chinnaswamy Stadium Bengaluru Pitch, Venue Stats, Record, Average Score
Updated on: Nov 3, 2023 2:31 pm IST
New Zealand will face Pakistan in the crucial game of the ODI World Cup 2023 as the race to the semifinals is heating up. The M Chinnaswamy in Bengaluru will host the game on Saturday at 10:30 AM IST.
New Zealand are currently slipping in the competition with three consecutive defeats, including a 190-run loss to South Africa in their previous game. At the same time, they are also troubled by the injuries.
Pakistan, on the other hand, have issues of their own. While they managed to defeat Bangladesh by 7 wickets in their last game, they still need a massive victory over New Zealand to qualify for the semifinals.
In this post, we will take a look at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium Pitch, Venue Stats, Record, and Average Score ahead of the World Cup clash between New Zealand and Pakistan.
M Chinnaswamy Stadium’s Pitch Report
It is a flat surface ideal for the batting. As the game will be played in the morning, we could expect the new ball to swing. Meanwhile, the spinners could get some help during the second innings. Nevertheless, one could still expect a high-scoring encounter.
Is M Chinnaswamy Stadium a batting or bowling pitch?
Last Three Results at the Venue:
- England (156/10 in 33.2 overs) lost to Sri Lanka (160/2 in 25.4 overs) by 8 wickets – 26 October 2023
- Australia (367/9 in 50 overs) defeated Pakistan (305/10 in 45.3 overs) by 62 runs – 20 October 2023
- Australia (286/9 in 50 overs) lost to India (289/3 in 47.3 overs) by 7 wickets – 19 January 2020
It is a Batting wicket. It is one of the best batting surfaces in the country. The wicket is flat and hard, and hence, the batters can play their strokes through the line. Furthermore, the outfield is quick and the boundary dimensions are small.
New Zealand ODI record in M Chinnaswamy Stadium
New Zealand have played three ODI matches at this venue. They have lost them all.
New Zealand’s Highest Total at the venue: 315/7 in 50 overs vs India in 2010
New Zealand’s Lowest Total at the venue: 220/10 in 50 overs vs India in 1997
Pakistan ODI record in M Chinnaswamy Stadium
Pakistan have played three ODIs at this venue. They have won one game and lost the other two.
Pakistan’s Highest Total at the venue: 305/10 in 45.3 overs vs Australia in 2023
Pakistan’s Lowest Total at the venue: 248/9 in 49 overs vs India in 1996
M Chinnaswamy Stadium Ground Info
Seating Capacity: 40000
Number of matches hosted: 24 Tests, 28 ODIs, and 8 T20Is
M Chinnaswamy Stadium ODI Stats and Records
Total Matches Played: 28
Home Team (India) Won: 14
Visiting Team Won: 5
Neutral Side Won: 6
No Result: 1
Match Tied: 2
Average 1st Innings Score: 260
Matches Won Batting 1st: 12
Matches Won Batting 2nd: 13
Highest Team Total: 383/6 by India vs Australia in 2013
Lowest Team Total: 156/10 by England vs Sri Lanka in 2023
Highest Run Chase: 329/7 by Ireland vs England in 2011
Highest Individual Score: 209 by Rohit Sharma (India) vs Australia in 2013
Best Bowling Figures: 5/31 by Yuvraj Singh (India) vs Ireland in 2011
Most Runs: Sachin Tendulkar (India) – 534 runs in 11 matches
Most Wickets: Zaheer Khan (India) – 14 wickets in 8 matches
Most Sixes in ODIs at this venue: Rohit Sharma (India) – 28 Sixes
Stats of New Zealand Players at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium
- None of the current Kiwi players has played at this venue.
Stats of Pakistan Players at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium
- Abdullah Shafique – 64 runs in 1 match
- Mohammad Rizwan – 46 runs in 1 match
- Iman ul Haq – 70 runs in 1 match
- Saud Shakeel – 30 runs in 1 match
- Shaheen Afridi – 5 wickets in 1 match
- Haris Rauf – 3 wickets in 1 match
- Usama Mir – 1 wicket in 1 match
Active Batters with most runs at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium
- Rohit Sharma (India) – 437 runs in 4 matches
- David Warner (Australia) – 290 runs in 3 matches
- Steven Smith (Australia) – 158 runs in 5 matches
Active bowlers with most wickets at M Chinnaswamy Stadium
- Mohammed Shami (India) – 7 wickets in 3 matches
- Adam Zampa (Australia) – 6 wickets in 3 matches
- Ravindra Jadeja (India) – 5 wickets in 2 matches
Never miss an update, visit Google News & FOLLOW US.