NZ vs SL 2023 World Cup: M Chinnaswamy Stadium Bengaluru Pitch, Venue Stats, Record, Average Score
Updated on: Nov 9, 2023 10:01 am IST
New Zealand are all set to face Sri Lanka in their last league game of the ICC ODI World Cup 2023 on Thursday. The M Chinnaswamy Stadium will host the game at 2:00 PM IST.
It is a do-or-die game for the Kiwis as a win here will take them closer to the semifinals but a loss would leave them hanging as Pakistan could surpass them in the points tally. New Zealand currently have four wins in their account and they need a big win here to secure their berth in the semifinals.
On the other hand, Sri Lanka have already been eliminated from the competition but they have a place in the Champions Trophy 2025 to play for. They are 9th in the points table and must win this game to qualify for the Champions Trophy 2025.
In this post, we will take a look at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium Pitch, Venue Stats, Record, and Average Score ahead of the World Cup clash between New Zealand and Sri Lanka.
M Chinnaswamy Stadium’s Pitch Report
It is a wonderful batting surface and one could expect plenty of runs getting scored here. The spinners might get some help during the first innings but the bowlers are not expected to get much out of the surface. Furthermore, the small boundaries and the quick outfield will further aid the batters’ cause.
Is M Chinnaswamy Stadium a batting or bowling pitch?
Last Three Results at the Venue:
- New Zealand (401/6 in 50 overs) lost to Pakistan (200/1 in 25.3 overs) by 21 runs (DLS Method) – 4 November 2023
- England (156/10 in 33.2 overs) lost to Sri Lanka (160/2 in 25.4 overs) by 8 wickets – 26 October 2023
- Australia (367/9 in 50 overs) defeated Pakistan (305/10 in 45.3 overs) by 62 runs – 20 October 2023
It is a Batting pitch. The wicket is flat and the batters are likely to have a party here. The wicket won’t change much in the second innings either and the batting might get easier under the lights because of the due.
New Zealand ODI record in M Chinnaswamy Stadium
New Zealand have played four ODI matches at this venue. They have lost them all.
New Zealand’s Highest Total at the venue: 401/6 in 50 overs vs Pakistan in 2023
New Zealand’s Lowest Total at the venue: 220/10 in 50 overs vs India in 1997
Sri Lanka ODI record in M Chinnaswamy Stadium
Sri Lanka have played two ODI games at this venue. They have won one and lost one.
Sri Lanka’s Highest Total at the venue: 233/8 in 50 overs vs India in 1982
Sri Lanka’s Lowest Total at the venue: 160/2 in 25.4 overs vs England in 2023
M Chinnaswamy Stadium Ground Info
Seating Capacity: 40000
Number of matches hosted: 24 Tests, 29 ODIs, and 8 T20Is
M Chinnaswamy Stadium ODI Stats and Records
Total Matches Played: 29
Home Team (India) Won: 14
Visiting Team Won: 5
Neutral Side Won: 7
No Result: 1
Match Tied: 2
Average 1st Innings Score: 265
Matches Won Batting 1st: 12
Matches Won Batting 2nd: 14
Highest Team Total: 401/6 by New Zealand vs Pakistan in 2023
Lowest Team Total: 156/10 by England vs Sri Lanka in 2023
Highest Run Chase: 329/7 by Ireland vs England in 2011
Highest Individual Score: 209 by Rohit Sharma (India) vs Australia in 2013
Best Bowling Figures: 5/31 by Yuvraj Singh (India) vs Ireland in 2011
Most Runs: Sachin Tendulkar (India) – 534 runs in 11 matches
Most Wickets: Zaheer Khan (India) – 14 wickets in 8 matches
Most Sixes in ODIs at this venue: Rohit Sharma (India) – 28 Sixes
Stats of New Zealand Players at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium
- Devon Conway – 35 runs in 1 match
- Rachin Ravindra – 108 runs in 1 match
- Kane Williamson – 95 runs in 1 match
- Glenn Phillips – 41 runs in 1 match
- Mark Chapman – 39 runs in 1 match
- Tim Southee – 1 wicket in 1 match
Stats of Sri Lanka Players at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium
- Pathum Nissanka – 77 runs in 1 match
- Sadeera Samarawickrama – 65 runs in 1 match
- Kasun Rajitha – 2 wickets in 1 match
- Maheesh Theekshana – 1 wicket in 1 match
- Angelo Matthews – 2 wickets in 1 match
- Lahiru Kumara – 3 wickets in 1 match
Active Batters with most runs at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium
- Rohit Sharma (India) – 437 runs in 4 matches
- David Warner (Australia) – 290 runs in 3 matches
- Steven Smith (Australia) – 158 runs in 5 matches
Active bowlers with most wickets at M Chinnaswamy Stadium
- Mohammed Shami (India) – 7 wickets in 3 matches
- Adam Zampa (Australia) – 6 wickets in 3 matches
- Ravindra Jadeja (India) – 5 wickets in 2 matches
Never miss an update, visit Google News & FOLLOW US.