SA vs AUS ICC ODI World Cup 2023: Eden Gardens Kolkata Pitch, Venue Stats, Record, Average Score
Updated on: Nov 16, 2023 11:33 am IST
South Africa and Australia will lock horns in the second semifinal of the ODI World Cup 2023 on Thursday at the Eden Gardens.
South Africa have been one of the best sides in the tournament and they finished second in the points table with seven wins and two losses. The Proteas will look to break the jinx and reach the final of the mega event.
On the other hand, Australia are currently riding the winning bandwagon with seven wins on trot. They won seven games and lost two to qualify for the semifinals. The Aussies will be eager to play yet another final.
Check Eden Gardens Pitch, Venue Stats, Record, and Average Score ahead of the World Cup clash between South Africa and Australia.
Eden Gardens Kolkata Pitch Report
It is a good wicket to bat on and the batters would enjoy their time in the middle. However, the spin bowling will get some help during the day time. Meanwhile, the pacers will get some swing and seam movement during the second innings. The team winning the toss is expected to bat first.
Is Eden Gardens Kolkata batting or bowling pitch?
It is more of a batting wicket but you could also put into a sporting surface category. In both of last two games, the teams batting first have scored more than 300.
Last Four Results at the Venue:
- England (337/9 in 50 overs) defeated Pakistan (244/10 in 43.3 overs) by 93 runs – 11 November 2023
- India (326/5 in 50 overs) defeated South Africa (83/10 in 27.1 overs) by 243 overs – 5 November 2023
- Bangladesh (204/10 in 45.1 overs) lost to Pakistan (205/3 in 32.3 overs) by 7 wickets – 31 October 2023
- Netherlands (229/10 in 50 overs) defeated Bangladesh (142/10 in 42.2 overs) by 87 runs – 28 October 2023
South Africa ODI record in Eden Gardens
South Africa have played 5 ODI matches at this venue. They have won two games and lost three.
South Africa’s Highest Total at the venue: 272/7 in 50 overs vs Ireland in 2011
South Africa’s Lowest Total at the venue: 83/10 in 27.1 overs vs India in 2023
Australia ODI record in Eden Gardens
Australia have played 3 ODI matches at this venue. They have won two and lost one game.
Australia’s Highest Total at the venue: 253/5 in 50 overs vs England in 1987
Australia’s Lowest Total at the venue: 202/10 in 43.1 overs vs India in 2017
Eden Gardens Ground Info
Seating Capacity: 66000
Number of matches hosted: 42 Tests, 35 ODIs, and 11 T20Is.
Eden Gardens ODI Stats and Records
Total Matches Played: 35
Home Team (India) Won: 14
Visiting Team Won: 8
Neutral Side Won: 12
No Result: 1
Match Tied: 0
Average 1st Innings Score: 240
Matches Won Batting 1st: 21
Matches Won Batting 2nd: 13
Highest Team Total: 404/5 by India vs Sri Lanka in 2014
Lowest Team Total: 83/10 by South Africa vs India in 2023
Highest Run Chase: 317/3 by India vs Sri Lanka in 2009
Highest Individual Score: 264 by Rohit Sharma (India) vs Sri Lanka in 2014
Best Bowling Figures: 6/12 by Anil Kumble (India) vs West Indies in 1993
Most Runs: Sachin Tendulkar (India) – 496 runs in 13 matches
Most Wickets: Anil Kumble (India) – 14 wickets in 6 matches
Most Sixes in ODIs at this venue: Rohit Sharma (India) – 12 Sixes
South Africa Players at Eden Gardens
- Marco Jansen – 14 runs and 1 wicket in 1 match
- Lungi Ngidi – 1 wicket in 1 match
- Kagiso Rabada – 1 wicket in 1 match
- Keshav Maharaj – 1 wicket in 1 match
- Tabraiz Shamsi – 1 wicket in 1 match
- Rassie van der Dussen – 13 runs in 1 match
- Temba Bavuma – 11 runs in 1 match
- David Miller – 11 runs in 1 match
Australia Players at Eden Gardens
- Marcus Stoinis – 62 runs in 1 match
- Steve Smith – 59 runs in 1 match
- Travis Head – 39 runs in 1 match
- Glenn Maxwell – 14 runs in 1 match
- David Warner – 1 run in 1 match
- Pat Cummins – 1 wicket in 1 match
most runs at Eden Gardens (Active Players)
- Virat Kohli (India) – 431 runs in 8 matches
- Rohit Sharma (India) – 328 runs in 4 matches
- Ben Stokes (England) – 141 runs in 2 matches
most wickets at Eden Gardens (ACtive Players)
- Ravindra Jadeja (India) – 14 wickets in 5 matches
- Kuldeep Yadav (India) – 8 wickets in 3 matches
- Hardik Pandya (India) – 5 wickets in 3 matches
Never miss an update, visit Google News & FOLLOW US.