Australia vs England Dream 11 Fantasy Team Prediction
ODI series, England tour of Australia, 2018
After the Ashes that ended 4-0 in favour of Australia, focus shifts to the One Day International series. The hosts play England on January 14 at the MCG in Melbourne to kick-start the 5-match ODI series. England would have to stop Australia since the start or else a similar result can be expected.
Series: ODI series, England tour of Australia, 2018
Date: January 14, 2018
Time 02:20 PM Local
Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
ODIs played: 147
Average 1st inning total: 221
Average 2nd inning total: 195
Highest total: 344/8 (50 Ov) by ICCWXI vs AsiaXI
Lowest total: 94/10 (31.7 Ov) by Eng vs Aus
Pitch and conditions
The pitch is most likely to favour batsmen more. It had been raining in Melbourne but forecast for the Sunday game is clear.
Eng vs Aus Recent Form (most recent first):
England Team News:
- Joe Root has recovered from the illness and is fit to play.
- England can make a choice between Alex Hales and Jason Roy to open with Jonny Bairstow.
Jason Roy, Alex Hales, Joe Root, Eoin Morgan(c), Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler(w), Sam Billings, Moeen Ali, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Jake Ball, Tom Curran, David Willey, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood
England Probable XI
Jason Roy/Alex Hales, Jonny Bairstow, Joe Root, Eoin Morgan (c), Jos Buttler (wk), Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Adil Rashid, Liam Plunkett, Tom Curran, Mark Wood
- Joe Root, unburdened of captaincy, would want to make an impact.
- England will be placed better if Eoin Morgan and Jos Buttler get going.
Australia Team News:
- Josh Hazlewood is rested for the first match of the ODI series.
- Travis Head is likely to bat at No. 4.
David Warner, Aaron Finch, Steven Smith(c), Travis Head, Marcus Stoinis, Mitchell Marsh, Tim Paine(w), Josh Hazlewood, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa, Jhye Richardson, Andrew Tye, Cameron White
Australia Probable XI
David Warner, Aaron Finch, Steven Smith (c), Travis Head, Mitchell Marsh, Marcus Stoinis, Tim Paine (wk), Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Adam Zampa, AJ Tye
Australia Key Players:
- Steven Smith was the man of the recently concluded Ashes series and would take the confidence into the ODI series.
- Watch out for David Warner, Aaron Finch, Mitchell Starc and Pat Cummins.
India Fantasy Prediction:
Australia comes into the ODI series as favourites but England do have enough firepower in their ranks to come out on top. We suggest you choose more Australians and from the key players mentioned above.
Please note: This Eng vs Aus match preview is based on our research and news sourced from various sources. You can select your own playing XI from the squads of the two teams listed above.
Eng vs Aus Fantasy Team:
Note: Kindly revisit before the deadline to get the final update. Press the Bell icon at the bottom of the screen to never miss the updates.