AFG vs IRE Dream11 Prediction, Playing 11, Top Picks, Fantasy Cricket Tips for T20 World Cup 2022, Afghanistan vs Ireland Dream11 Team for Today’s Match
Updated on: Oct 27, 2022 3:07 am IST
AFG vs IRE Dream11 Prediction : Afghanistan and Ireland lockhorns in a must win match of Group1 of the Super 12. Both teams have played two games prior to this and Ireland are sitting at fourth place with two points, whereas Afghanistan are placed last in their group with just one point to their name. Ireland managed to upset England by 5 runs using the Duckworth Lewis Method as the match was stopped due to rain at a position from where England would have fancied their chances. Afghanistan, on the other hand, did not have a great opening fixture as they lost to England and their second match against New Zealand was abandoned due to rain. Thus, they will be desperate to get two points from this clash.
AFG vs IRE Dream11 Team Prediction for Today Match
Afghanistan vs Ireland, Match 25 of T20 World Cup
28 October, 9:30 AM IST
Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne.
Where to watch AFG vs IRE Live?
Watch AFG vs IRE Live on Star Sports Network. Online streaming will be available on the Disney + Hotstar app.
T20 World Cup 2022 Points Table
|SUPER 12 GROUP 1|
|Teams||Played||Won||Lost||NR||Pts||Net Run Rate|
Afghanistan vs Ireland Pitch Report
The Melbourne Cricket Ground is known for its big boundaries and pacy track. So far, the pitch has offered some nice bounce and carry to the pacers, whereas the spinners have not obtained much purchase from the pitch. The batters look good once they get their eye in and the long boundaries would mean, focus on running between the wickets. The forecast for Melbourne hasn’t been the best in the present week and it remains to be seen whether we will get a full game or not. The par score on this pitch is expected to be around 150-160 runs.
Last result at the venue
Ireland(157/10 in 19.2 overs) beat England (105/5 in 14.3 overs) by 5 runs(DLS method – due to rain).
Afghanistan (recent last)– L L L L NR
Ireland (recent last) – L W W L W
AFG Playing 11
- Afghanistan do not have many pace bowling options. They will rely heavily on their spin bowling trio of Md Nabi, Rashid Khan and Mujeeb ur Rahman.
- Their batting shall heavily revolve around the likes of Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Ibrahim Zadran, Hazratullah Zazai, Najibullah Zadran and Md Nabi.
- They shall play the same eleven for this fixture.
1. Hazratullah Zazai
2. Rahmanullah Gurbaz (wk)
3. Ibrahim Zadran
4. Usman Ghani
5. Najibullah Zadran
6. Md Nabi(C)
7. Azmatullah Omarzai
8. Rashid Khan
9. Mujeeb Ur Rahman
10. Fareed Ahmad
11. Fazalhaq Farooqi
Rashid Khan Stats in T20I
He has the experience of playing the T20 leagues all around the world. His experience shall come in handy for Afghanistan as he can trouble the batters with his quicker one. He can also add valuable runs with the bat to get a few extra runs for his team.
Najibullah Zadran Stats in T20I
His ability to hit the ball out of the park and score runs consistently for Afghanistan is something the Afghans must be banking on. He is one of the most important batters of the Afghan batting lineup.
IRE Playing 11
- Ireland managed their first victory of Super12 as they got past England via the DLS method.
- The Irish skipper would be banking on the likes of Joshua Little and Mark Adair to restrict the Afghans on a pacy Melbourne wicket.
- Curtis Campher, Gareth Delany and George Dockrell would be the all rounders in the Irish camp.
- They are expected to play the same eleven.
1. Paul Stirling
2. Andrew Balbirnie(C)
3. Lorcan Tucker
4. Harry Tector
5. George Dockrell
6. Curtis Campher
7. Gareth Delany
8. Mark Adair
9. Fionn Hand
10. Barry McCarthy
11. Joshua Little
Andrew Balbirnie Stats in T20I
The Irish skipper can play an instrumental role in getting his team over the line. His knock of 62(47) against England came at the right time as this helped his team cause one of the biggest upsets of the tournament.
Joshua Little Stats in T20I
He is the leader of the pace attack for the Irish team. His express pace would come in handy on the MCG wicket. He has taken 6 wickets in 5 matches so far.
Who will win Afghanistan vs Ireland Today Match ?
- Ireland won the T20I home series against Afghanistan held in August this year, 3-2.
- Ireland come on the back of some good form as they have won 3 of their last 5 games.
- Afghanistan and Ireland have come across each other 23 times in the past, Afghanistan have won 16 out of those 23 games, whereas the remaining games were won by Ireland.
Considering form, head to head record and morale of both sides, Ireland are favourites to win as per our Afghanistan vs Ireland today match prediction.
AFG vs IRE Dream11 Prediction
Wicket-keeper: Rahmanullah Gurbaz,
Batters: Ibrahim Zadran, Najibullah Zadran, George Dockrell, Andrew Balbirnie, Paul Stirling
All-rounder: Md Nabi, Curtis Campher
Bowlers: Rashid Khan, Joshua Little, Mark Adair.
AFG vs IRE Dream11 Captain and Vice Captain
For Small League, Head-to-Head contests: Rashid Khan, Andrew Balbirnie.
For Grand League: Md Nabi, Joshua Little.
Click for more Fantasy Cricket Tips