AFGH vs IRE Dream11 Team | Afghanistan vs Ireland, 1st ODI
AFGH vs IRE Match Prediction Tips | Who Will Win Today Match
Civil Service Cricket Club, Belfast, August 27 at 03:15 PM IST
After a humiliating loss in the three T20I series against the visitors Afghanistan, the Irishmen will now challenge the visitors in the 50 over format 3 match series starting from August 27 at the Civil Service Cricket Club in Belfast.
With a change of venue, Ireland would hope for a change in fortunes as well after their dismal show in the recently concluded T20I series where they were tamed 2-0 with the last match being called off due to excessive rain. Talking about the team compositions, there have been few changes on either side with the 50 overs specialists making it to the set-up.
Gary Wilson who was the skipper for T20Is will hand over the duties to William Porterfield who is still the skipper in 50 overs format. Veteran wicket-keeper batsman Niall O’Brien will be back as well which will definitely boost their chances of run scoring.
Read on for AFGH vs IRE Dream11 Team News and Afghanistan vs Ireland team news and playing 11.
AFGH vs IRE Team News
- Ireland have named a 14-man squad for the ODI series which includes uncapped pacer, David Delany.
- Niall O’Brien and Tim Murtagh also get a call in the Irish squad.
- Afghanistan has named medium pacer Wafadar Momand in their ranks along with left-arm seamer Sayed Shirzad.
- Afghanistan might miss the services of M Shahzad. The wicketkeeper batsmen is said to face one match ODI ban for disrespecting on-field umpires.
- Rahmat Shah is expected to keep the gloves.
AFGH vs IRE Playing 11
Speaking of the AFGH vs IRE Playing 11, here’s how the two sides can line-up.
Afghanistan playing 11 (Probable):
Wicket-keeper: Rahmat Shah (Mohammad Shahzad)
Batsmen: Asghar Stanikzai(c), Najibullah Zadran, Javed Ahmadi, (Doubt: Hasmatullah Shahidi)
All-rounders: Samiullah Shenwari, Mohammad Nabi
Bowlers: Mujeeb ur Rahman, Rashid Khan, Dawlat Zadran, Aftab Alam (Doubt: Wafadar)
Ireland playing 11 (Probable):
Wicket-keeper: Niall O’Brien
Batsmen: Gary Wilson, Paul Stirling, William Porterfield(c), Andy Balbirnie
All-rounders: Simi Singh, Kevin O’Brien, Andy McBrine
Bowlers: George Dockrell, Tim Murtagh, Peter Chase (Doubt: Boyd Rankin, David Delany)
AFGH vs IRE Squads
Afghanistan: Asghar Stanikzai (c), Samiullah Shinwari, Dawlat Zadran, Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi, Mohammad Shahzad, Rashid Khan, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Aftab Alam, Sayed Shirzad, Javed Ahmadi, Wafadar Momand, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Ihsanullah, Rahmat Shah, Gulbadin Naib.
Ireland: William Porterfield(c), Gary Wilson, Paul Stirling, Tim Murtagh, Andy McBrine, Kevin O Brien, Niall O’Brien(wk), Peter Chase, Andrew Balbirnie, George Dockrell, Boyd Rankin, James Shannon, David Delany, Simi Singh.
AFGH vs IRE Key Players
- Najibullah Zadran, Javed Ahmadi will be the key players with the bat.
- Mujeeb ur Rahman and Rashid Khan were the troublemakers with the ball in the T20 series, they would look to continue their good run of form.
- Niall O’Brien, Gary Wilson and Paul Stirling will be pipped for good performances with the bat in this line-up.
- All-rounders Simi Singh and Kevin O’Brien have the capability of turning the tables for their team.
- Boyd Rankin and George Dockrell will be the pick of the bowlers.
Note: This AFGH vs IRE Dream11 prediction is based on news sourced from various sources. We suggest you pick your playing 11 from the squad listed above basis Afghanistan vs Ireland team news.
AFGH vs IRE Dream11 Team
Note: Kindly revisit before the deadline to get the final update of the Afghanistan vs Ireland Dream11 Prediction. Also, hit the bell icon on the bottom right side of your screen to get all the latest Dream11 prediction updates.