AUS vs SL Dream11 Prediction: ICC ODI Cricket World Cup 2023 Match 14 Playing 11, Pitch Report, Fantasy Cricket Tips for Australia vs Sri Lanka Dream11 Team
Updated on: Oct 15, 2023 2:08 pm IST
AUS vs SL Dream11 Prediction: Australia will face Sri Lanka in the 14th match of the ICC ODI World Cup 2023 on Monday. The match will be played at the Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium in Lucknow at 2:00 PM IST.
Australia vs Sri Lanka – 14th match of ICC ODI Cricket World Cup 2023
16th October, 2:00 PM IST
Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow
AUS vs SL ODI World Cup 2023 Preview
Australia will be looking to search for their first win in the competition as they have lost both of their first two matches. Australia lost to India in their opening game by 6 wickets. Meanwhile, they lost their second match to South Africa by 134 runs.
Sri Lanka, on the other hand, have also lost both of their first two matches. They lost their opening game to South Africa by 102 runs. In their next match, they lost to Pakistan by 6 wickets. Both teams are in desperate need of a victory here as another loss here will mean curtains for either side.
Australia – L L W L L
Sri Lanka – L L L W L
Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow Pitch Report
The wicket played really well in the last game. There were plenty of runs available on the surface in the game between Australia and South Africa. However, the pace bowlers did get help with the new ball during the second innings. Hence, the team winning the toss is likely to bat first.
Last result at the venue
- South Africa (311/7 in 50 overs) defeated Australia (177/10 in 40.5 overs) by 134 runs – 12 October 2023
AUS Playing 11
- David Warner
- Mitchell Marsh
- Steven Smith
- Marnus Labuschagne
- Glenn Maxwell
- Josh Inglis (WK)
- Marcus Stoinis
- Pat Cummins (C)
- Mitchell Starc
- Adam Zampa
- Josh Hazlewood
Australia Team News
- Josh Inglis is likely to retain his place in the playing XI as he is a better player of spin bowling than Alex Carey.
- Australia might tweak their approach and try Marcus Stoinis as the opener and bring Mitchell Marsh in the middle order.
- However, the playing XI is expected to remain unchanged.
AUS Key Players
David Warner’s Stats in ODIs
|Last 5 innings in ODI||Runs against Sri Lanka in ODI||ODI Batting Average in India||ODI Scores at the Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium||Captain or Vice-captain choice|
|13, 41, 56, 53, 52||779 runs in 22 matches||48.38||13||✅|
Marnus Labuschagne’s Stats in ODIs
|Last 5 innings in ODI||Runs against Sri Lanka in ODI||ODI Batting Average in India||ODI performances at the Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium||Captain or Vice-captain choice|
|46, 27, 72, 27, 39||116 runs in 5 matches||39.33||46||❌|
SL Playing XI
- Pathum Nissanka
- Kusal Perera
- Kusal Mendis
- Sadeera Samarawickrama (C & WK)
- Charith Asalanka
- Dhananjaya de Silva
- Chamika Karunaratne
- Dunith Wellalage
- Maheesh Theekshana
- Kasun Rajitha
- Dilshan Madushanka
Sri Lanka Team News
- Sri Lankan skipper Dasun Shanka has been ruled out of the tournament with an injury.
- Chamika Karunaratne has been named his replacement and he is likely to get into the playing XI.
- Matheesha Pathirana is also a doubt for this game because of a shoulder injury. Kasun Rajitha is expected to replace him in the playing XI.
SL Key Players
Kusal Mendis’s Stats in ODIs
|Last 5 Performances in ODI||Runs against Australia in ODI||ODI Batting Average in India||ODI Scores at the Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium||Captain or Vice-captain choice|
|122, 76, 17, 91, 15||453 runs in 11 matches||47.20||N/A||✅|
Charith Asalanka’s Stats in ODIs
|Last 5 innings in ODI||Runs against Australia in ODI||ODI Batting Average in India||ODI performances at the Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium||Captain or Vice-captain choice|
|1, 79, 0, 49*, 22||187 runs in 5 matches||23.80||N/A||❌|
Who will win AUS vs SL ODI World Cup 2023 match?
- Australia have won only one game in their last five.
- Sri Lanka have also won only one game in their last five matches.
- Sri Lanka have won three and Australia have won two in the last five meetings between the two sides.
- Australia are expected to come hard at Sri Lanka as they are searching for their first win. They have already played on this surface. Furthermore, their bowling attack is very strong and they will make Sri Lanka to work hard in this game.
As per our prediction, Australia are expected to win this game.
AUS vs SL Dream11 Prediction
Wicket-keepers: K Mendis, S Samarawickrama
Batsmen: D Warner, S Smith, M Labuschagne
All-rounder: G Maxwell, C Karunaratne
Bowlers: M Starc, P Cummins, M Theekshana, J Hazlewood
Who are Best Captain Options for AUS vs SL Dream11 Team
For Small League, Head to Head contest: David Warner and Kusal Mendis are the best captaincy options in this game.
For Grand League, Mega Contest: Glenn Maxwell and Mitchell Starc could fetch you a lot of points in the Grand Leagues.
What are AUS vs SL Fantasy Tips?
- If Australia bat first, you could try David Warner and Steven Smith as the captain and vice-captain together in one of your GL teams as the surface will suit batting in the first innings. Furthermore, Sri Lanka’s bowling is struggling badly.
- Australian batters are struggling against spinners and hence, pick Maheesh Theekshana and Dunith Wellalage together in one of the GL teams.
Never miss an update, visit Google News & FOLLOW US.