BAN vs SL Dream11 Prediction: Match 2 of the Asia Cup 2023 Playing 11, Pitch Report, Fantasy Cricket Tips for Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka Dream11 Team
Updated on: Sep 1, 2023 5:43 pm IST
Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are expected to come face-to-face in the second match of the 2023 Asia Cup tournament on August 31. The game will be played at Pallekele International Cricket Stadium and will kick start at 3 PM IST. This will be the first encounter between the two sides since 2021. The last time the two sides met, Bangladesh completed a convincing 2-1 series victory at home. Mushfiquar Rahim was adjudged Player of the Series as he ended the series on a high with 237 runs under his belt. In terms of their track record, Sri Lanka haven’t been beaten in their last 5 ODI matches whereas, Bangladesh lost 2 games in their last 5 games. The Tigers would be looking to bounce back from their series defeat against Afghanistan and start afresh in the Asia Cup tournament.
As all eyes are set on the upcoming BAN vs SL Dream11 clash, we bring you everything that you need to know about the second match on the 2023 Asia Cup.
Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka, Match 2 of Asia Cup 2023
31 August, 3:00 PM IST
Pallekele International Cricket Stadium, Pallekele, Sri Lanka
BAN vs SL Preview
In the past 5 ODI encounters, Sri Lanka have defeated Bangladesh in 3 games whereas Bangladesh have only been able to win twice. In terms of their overall head-to-head ODI record, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh have faced each other in 51 matches in ODI. Out of these 51 games, Sri Lanka have won 40 whereas Bangladesh have come out victorious on 9 occasions
Sri Lanka: WLLWW
Pallekele International Cricket Stadium Pitch Report
Pallekele Cricket Stadium pitch is considered a good scoring ground in ODIs. The surface doesn’t offer much assistance to pacers, making it easier for batsmen to find their rhythm and score big runs once they settle in. As the matches move forward, the pitch gradually dries up and becomes more favorable for spinners. The average 1st innings total is 256 while the average 2nd innings total is 202. Teams chasing have won more games (18) than the teams batting first (14).
Last result at the venue
Match: Afghanistan vs Sri Lanka
Afghanistan: 313/8 in 50 overs
Sri Lanka: 314/6 in 49.4 overs
Sri Lanka won by 4 wickets.
BAN Playing 11
- Towhid Hridoy
- Mohammad Naim
- Najmul Hossain Shanto
- Mushfiqur Rahim
- Shakib Al Hasan
- Afif Hossain
- Mehidy Hasan Miraz
- Shamim Hossain
- Taskin Ahmed
- Shoriful Islam
- Hasan Mahmud
Bangladesh Team News
- Litton Das will not take part in the Asia Cup tournament due to high-grade viral fever.
- Ebadot Hosain has been ruled out of the Asia Cup owing to his knee injury.
Shakib Al Hasan’s Record against Sri Lanka
|Last 5 List ODI Scores||Runs against Sri Lanka in ODI||ODI Batting average against Sri Lanka||Wickets against Sri Lanka in ODI||Highest ODI Score against Sri Lanka||Captain or Vice-captain choice|
|20, 26, 15, 25, 39||626||29.8||18||92*||✅|
Mushfiqur Rahim’s Record against Sri Lanka
|Last 5 List ODI Scores||Runs against Sri Lanka in ODI||ODI Batting average against Sri Lanka||Highest ODI Score against Sri Lanka||Captain or Vice-captain choice|
|61, 36, 45, 1, 69||1020||34||144||✅|
SL Playing 11
- Pathum Nissanka
- Dimuth Karunaratne
- Charith Asalanka
- Kusal Mendis
- Dhananjaya de Silva
- Sadeera Samarawickrama
- Dasun Shanaka
- Dushan Hemantha
- Kasun Rajitha
- Maheesh Theekshana
- Matheesha Pathirana
Sri Lanka Team News
- Sri Lanka have been hit by multiple injuries ahead of their first Asia Cup encounter.
- Dushmantha Chameera sustains a pectoral tear and is ruled out of the tournament.
- Dilshan Madushanka also misses out due to an oblique tear.
- Lahiru Kumara has been sidelined due to several injuries.
- Wanindu Hasaranga is also ruled out of the tournament due to thigh strain.
- Seamers Binura Fernando and Pramod Madushan along with all-rounder Dushan Hemantha made a comeback to the Sri Lankan squad.
Kusal Mendis’s Record against Bangladesh
|Last 5 ODI Scores||Runs against Bangladesh in ODI||ODI Batting Average against Bangladesh||Highest ODI Score against Bangladesh||Captain or Vice-captain choice|
|1, 10, 25, 34, 43||406||36.9||802||✅|
Dhananjaya de Silva’s Record against Bangladesh
|Last 5 ODI Scores||Batting Average against Bangladesh in ODI||Bowling Average against Bangladesh in ODI||Best Score and bowling figures against Bangladesh in ODI||Captain or Vice-captain choice|
|5, 42, 23, 93, 4||23||29.71||55 & 3/45||–|
Who will win today’s match between Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka
Given the impressive track record Sri Lanka possesses against Bangladesh in ODI cricket, Sri Lanka are undoubtedly the favorites. They enjoy a massive 40-9 win record against the Tigers and have triumphed over them on numerous occasions. Besides, with home advantage on their side, Sri Lanka are well and truly in the driver’s seat. However, we expect the resurgent Bangladesh side to put up a stiff fight.
BAN vs SL Dream11 Prediction
Wicket-keepers: Mushfiqur Rahim
Batsmen: Pathum Nissanka, Charith Asalanka,Kusal Mendis, Najmul Hossain Shanto
All-rounder: Shakib Al Hasan, Dhananjaya de Silva, Mehidy Hasan Miraz
Bowlers: Maheesh Theekshana, Kasun Rajitha, Shoriful Islam
Who are the Best Captain Options for BAN vs SL Dream11 Team
For Small League, Head to Head contest: Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim
For Grand League, Mega Contest: Kusal Mendis, Dasun Shanaka
What are BAN vs SL Fantasy Tips?
- Maheesh Theekshana claimed 4 wickets against Holland in the CWC Qualifier finals. He looks in top-notch form and can ruffle some feathers in the upcoming Asia Cup clash.
- Kusal Mendis has been consistently scoring runs for his team i the last few ODI matches. Do not forget to include him in your Dream11 lineup.
- Shakib Al Hasan is a crafty customer with the bat and ball in hand. He bowled a shocking spell of 1/13 in his allotted 10 overs and scored 39 (39) in his last ODI match to skittle Afghanistan cheaply. He is someone worth keeping your eyes on while bolstering your middle order.
Where to watch BAN vs SL live?
Telecast: Star Sports
Live Streaming: Fancode app and website
Never miss an update, visit Google News & FOLLOW US.