BAR vs JAM Dream11 Match Prediction Cricket Barbados Tridents vs Jamaica Tallawahs CPL T20 27 August
Updated on: Aug 26, 2020 8:10 pm IST
BAR vs JAM Dream11 Prediction: Teams in the lower half of the points table will have a crucial round of matches coming up this week in CPL 2020. In one of those encounters, Barbados Tridents will take on Jamaica Tallawahs in the 14th match of the season. Defending champions are having a torrid time this year as they have lost 3 out of 4 matches they played till now. They surely can’t afford another slip up here against the Tallawahs. We will preview the match in our Dream11 fantasy cricket.
In the last match against St Kitts and Nevis Patriots, Johnson Charles and Shai Hope gave a reasonable start to the Tridents’ innings. Kyle Mayers also contributed in the middle order but Jason Holder’s run-out derailed the Tridents for some time. Corey Anderson and Ashley Nurse provided the final push to the innings as they posted 151 runs on the board. In bowling, Jason Holder and Rashid Khan bowled economical spells but others could not replicate the same as Evin Lewis destroyed the spirits of Barbados Tridents.
Jamaica Tallawahs will be riding high on confidence after their victory over Guyana Amazon Warriors yesterday. With the help of heroics from Mujeeb Ur Rahman and Fidel Edwards, Jamaica Tallawahs restricted the Warriors to only 108 from their 20 overs. After losing Chadwick Walton early in the chase, Glenn Phillips and Jermaine Blackwood looked good for a few more before they got out in their 20s. After a mini-collapse in the middle, Nkrumah Bonner and Andre Russell shared an unbeaten stand to take Jamaica Tallawahs home by 5 wickets.
If we talk about overall record between both the teams, Jamaica Tallawahs have an upper hand over Barbados Tridents with a lead of 8-5 from 14 matches. In last 5 matches, Jamaica Tallawahs were even more dominant by winning 4 matches against their opponents. Barbados Tridents have a big task in their hands if they are to remain in contention for a top 4 finish.
Pitch and Conditions
No showers are predicted today in Port of Spain and we can expect a full match under the clear skies. The pitch at Queen’s Park Oval is already looking tired if we look at yesterday’s matches here. Both the teams would be aware of the conditions as this will be their second match here. There are some talks about pitch may get quicker under lights in the night games but we will have to wait and watch for that.
BAR vs JAM Dream11 Teams Match Details
Fixture name: Barbados Tridents Vs Jamaica Tallawahs, Match 14 CPL T20
Competition: CPL T20
Date: 27th August 2020
Time: 3:00 AM IST
Stadium: Queen’s Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad
Head to Head (Last 5 games)
Barbados Tridents: 01, Jamaica Tallawahs: 04, Tie: 00
Points Table Standings
Barbados Tridents: Played- 4, Won- 1, Lost- 3, Points- 2, Standing- 5th
Jamaica Tallawahs: Played- 4, Won- 2, Lost- 2, Points- 4, Standing- 4th
BAR vs JAM Dream11 Team Prediction
Let’s go through the possible playing XIs for the both teams in today match prediction.
Barbados Tridents Squad
Jason Holder (C), Johnson Charles, Shai Hope (wk), Corey Anderson, Shamarh Brooks, Justin Greaves, Jonathan Carter, Nyeem Young, Ashley Nurse, Rashid Khan, Hayden Walsh Jr., Kyle Mayers, Joshua Bishop, Shayan Jahangir, Mitchell Santner, Keon Harding, Raymon Reifer
Barbados Tridents Team News
- Barbados Tridents need to try something different if their plan ‘A’ is not working which is the case right now.
- Johnson Charles and Shai Hope at the top are getting out after slow starts in most of the matches till now. But there are very bleak chances that the team management would change them around at least for this match.
- Kyle Mayers has been decent without any match-winning contribution while the move of making Corey Anderson bat deep did work in the last match. Ashley Nurse also hit some crucial blows towards the death overs.
- Nyeem Young bowled his first 3 overs brilliantly in his debut game but couldn’t handle the pressure of the last over, naturally. Raymon Reifer and Hayden Walsh Jr are expected to play along with Rashid Khan and Mitchell Santner in the bowling department.
BAR Playing 11 (Probable)
Shai Hope (wk)
Jason Holder (C)
Hayden Walsh Jr
Jamaica Tallawahs Squad
Rovman Powell (C), Glenn Phillips (wk), Chadwick Walton, Jermaine Blackwood, Andre Russell, Asif Ali, Carlos Brathwaite, Ryan Persaud, Oshane Thomas, Sandeep Lamichhane, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Fidel Edwards, Ramaal Lewis, Veerasammy Permaul, Preston McSween, Nicholas Kirton, Nkrumah Bonner
Jamaica Tallawahs Team News
- Jamaica Tallawahs are expected to go unchanged for this match against Barbados Tridents.
- Glenn Phillips and Chadwick Walton will be continuing on to open for Jamaica but the latter needs some runs under his belt. Jermaine Blackwood is a good addition to the playing XI but the form of captain Rovman Powell is alarming.
- Lower-middle order of Andre Russell, Asif Ali and Carlos Brathwaite is arguably the best in the tournament. Nkrumah Bonner remained unbeaten in the yesterday’s chase against the Warriors.
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Sandeep Lamichhane and Fidel Edwards are slowly getting into their grooves as the season moves towards its important phase.
JAM Playing 11 (Probable)
Glenn Phillips (wk)
Mujeeb Ur Rahman
BAR vs JAM Dream 11 Prediction Today Cricket Match
WK: Glenn Phillips
Batsmen: Rovman Powell, Asif Ali, Nkrumah Bonner
All-rounders: Andre Russell, Jason Holder, Mitchell Santner, Carlos Brathwaite
Bowlers: Rashid Khan, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Ashley Nurse
For Small Leagues
- Jason Holder is relatively a straight forward choice for the captaincy position from the Tridents. He is hitting the ball nicely off the bat and is also opening the proceedings in the bowling scheme of things. We are recommending his name over Rashid Khan only because Rashid Khan is not getting enough opportunities with the bat.
- Looking at his last two innings, Andre Russell is a no-brainer from the Tallawahs as your captaincy pick. He has remained unbeaten in last both innings and also made contributions with the ball to give you the enough potential for the fantasy points.
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman is a better bet against Barbados Tridents keeping in mind his current form. He returned with a spell of 3-11 from his allotted 4 overs in the last match against Guyana yesterday. He can completely bamboozle the Tridents batsmen even more so when they are struggling for runs.
For Grand Leagues
- Rashid Khan is a good pick for the grand leagues as a proven campaigner in T20 cricket. He will guarantee you some points even on his bad days if there are. And on his good days, no need to tell you about what he can do.
- Mitch Santner may not look an obvious choice but he has very good match-ups against Jamaica Tallawahs. Jamaica are having right-handers in all of their top 8, that means that Mitchell Santner will be turning the ball away from them. He will be a very tough bowler to attack in these conditions if he bowls to his potential.
- Glenn Phillips and Jamaica Tallawahs is a match made in heaven for the CPL. He comes here every year and puts on performances one after another. This year is also no different as he is the highest run-scorer for the Tallawahs currently. A safe pick for the grand leagues.
Who will win BAR vs JAM Today Match Prediction?
As per our Dream11 predictions, the curves of both these teams are going in opposite directions at this juncture. Jamaica Tallawahs have started to find some momentum while Barbados Tridents are staring down the barrel after three consecutive losses. Barbados Tridents have to play out of their skins to make something out of this encounter against the favourites Jamaica Tallawahs.