CSK vs KOL Dream11 Match Prediction FREE TEAMS | CSK vs KKR Today IPL Match 29 October
Updated on: Oct 29, 2020 4:23 pm IST
CSK vs KOL Dream11 Prediction: There will be much more than just two points at stake when Chennai Super Kings take on Kolkata Knight Riders today. CSK will play for their pride after being already eliminated from the competition while KKR have everything to play for as they will look to get ahead of the pack with plenty of teams on 12 & 10 points. A loss here would mean that KKR can only reach to 14 points and with poor net run rate, they will have to depend significantly on other results. We will preview CSK vs KOL Dream11 contest.
Chennai Super Kings were successful in getting a consolation win against RCB in their last match. Bowling first, CSK never allowed powerful RCB batting lineup to get into their grooves. Clever changes in pace were the flavor of the day on a sluggish surface. Sam Curran took three while Deepak Chahar picked up a couple as RCB were restricted to a score of 145 runs. Chasing a below par total, CSK needed a decent opening stand and they got that from Faf du Plessis and Ruturaj Gaikwad. Later on, Ambati Rayudu also accompanied Ruturaj Gaikwad well for his first IPL half-century. He remained unbeaten on 65 runs as CSK sailed home by 8 wickets.
Kolkata Knight Riders faced a convincing defeat in their last match against Kings XI Punjab. Batting first at Sharjah, they lost their first 3 wickets for just 10 runs against a rampaging Mohammed Shami. After that, Shubman Gill and Eoin Morgan combined for a counter-attacking partnership of 81 runs but once the Englishman was dismissed, there was another decisive collapse. In the end, some late blows from Lockie Ferguson took them to 149 runs with Shubman Gill top scoring for them with 57. In reply, KXIP found it very easy to maneuver the bowlers in a moderate chase. Varun Chakravarthy and Lockie Ferguson took a wicket each but it was all too easy for KXIP as they chased down the score with an over to spare.
In head-to-head comparisons, Chennai Super Kings have had an upper hand over Kolkata Knight Riders with a lead of 14-9 from 24 matches played between them. In last 5 matches, CSK have won 3 matches compared to a couple from KKR. In the first meeting this year, KKR defended a total successfully against CSK at Abu Dhabi earlier in the month.
Pitch and Conditions
Dubai has remained good for batting and pitches haven’t got significantly slower here. This match is likely to be played on the same surface which was used for SRH & DC game a couple of days earlier. Scores around 160-170 are expected and teams batting first have enjoyed more results in their favor.
CSK vs KOL Dream11 Teams Match Details
Fixture name: Chennai Super Kings Vs Kolkata Knight Riders, Match 49, IPL 2020
Competition: IPL 2020
Date: 29th October 2020
Time: 7:30 PM IST
Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
Head to Head (Last 5 games)
Chennai Super Kings: 03, Kolkata Knight Riders: 02, Tie: 00
Points Table Standings
Chennai Super Kings: Matches- 12, Win- 4, Loss- 8, Points- 8, Standing- 8th
Kolkata Knight Riders: Matches- 12, Win- 6, Loss- 6, Points- 12, Standing- 5th
Chennai Super Kings: WLLLW
Kolkata Knight Riders: LWLWL
Last Match at the Venue
Sunrisers Hyderabad (219/2, 20 Overs) beat Delhi Capitals (131, 19 Overs) by 88 runs, 27th October 2020.
CSK vs KOL Dream11 Team Prediction
Let’s take a look at the squad news and CSK Vs KOL Dream11 predictions for today’s encounter.
Chennai Super Kings Team News
- We may see a couple of changes in CSK playing XI if they decide to give youngsters a go.
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis are likely to continue as the opening pair for them after the success in the last match.
- Ambati Rayudu and MS Dhoni will be their middle order pillars while Narayan Jagadeesan will be featuring today as well. All-rounders Sam Curran, Ravindra Jadeja and Mitch Santner give them a plenty of options in both the departments.
- Deepak Chahar and Imran Tahir are confirmed starters but KM Asif or Shardul Thakur can come in place of Monu Kumar in our CSK vs KOL Dream11 prediction.
CSK Playing 11 (Probable)
Faf du Plessis
Kolkata Knight Riders Team News
- KKR are likely to field an unchanged playing XI even though they lost their last match.
- Shubman Gill and Nitish Rana will be their openers while Rahul Tripathi will bat at number 3 position for them. Their roles will be to give a solid powerplay to the batsmen coming up.
- Eoin Morgan should bat at number 4 while Dinesh Karthik should be more used as a finisher. Sunil Narine will be used as a floater against spinners in the middle overs.
- They can bring Kuldeep Yadav in as there are already enough pace bowling options in Pat Cummins, Lockie Ferguson and Prasidh Krishna. Varun Chakravarthy is having a breakout season this year.
KOL Playing 11 (Probable)
CSK vs KOL Dream 11 Prediction Today Cricket Match
WK: Dinesh Karthik
Batsmen: Faf du Plessis, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Eoin Morgan, Shubman Gill
All-rounders: Sam Curran, Sunil Narine
Bowlers: Deepak Chahar, Imran Tahir, Lockie Ferguson, Varun Chakravarthy
KKR vs CSK Gamezy Prediction Today Cricket Match
Wicket-keeper: N Jagdeesan, D Karthik
Batsmen: A Rayudu, F Du Plessis, E Morgan, S Gill
All-rounder: S Curran, S Narine
Bowlers: D Chahar, L Ferguson, V Cakravarthy
Captain Choices: F Du Plessis, S Gill
Vice-captain choices: S Curran, E Morgan
Get 45% off on Full Match and 30% off on 2nd Innings (25% Discount + 20% Bonus.)
Code : INDFANTASY49IPL | First 400 Users. Once per user.
For Small Leagues
- Sam Curran is comparatively a good captaincy pick for today. His contributions to Chennai Super Kings this season have been immense with his all-round capabilities. He has taken 13 wickets from 11 innings and can also chip in with the bat if any opportunity arises.
- Faf du Plessis’ form has faded away slightly in the second half of the season but still remains first choice from CSK batting lineup. With 401 runs against his name from 12 innings, he has played his role perfectly. He would be hoping to close out the season with couple of good knocks.
- Shubman Gill has had an interesting season so far. He hasn’t scored that much amount of runs that he has looked like scoring. But 378 runs at an average of 34.36 is not a bad season for an opener by any means. His only issue is with consolidation after a good start but he should enjoy the conditions at Dubai today. He scored 47 when he played here last time against RR.
For Grand Leagues
- Ambati Rayudu is a reliable option from CSK middle order. He can play the field well during the middle overs and would be hoping to make his case for a retention next year with the same franchise. Although 291 runs from 9 innings is nowhere near a peak Ambati Rayudu but he has still looked better than the most in CSK batting lineup.
- Sunil Narine can be a differential pick today for the grand leagues. Yes, he hasn’t had a great season but CSK could be a perfect team for him to play against. In bowling, he is having very good numbers against Faf du Plessis, Ambati Rayudu, Shane Watson and MS Dhoni while he can take the attack to CSK spinners in the middle overs with the bat. He also played a critical role in the first fixture against CSK at Abu Dhabi.
- Eoin Morgan can be a differential today keeping in mind the opposition. With Mitch Santner and Imran Tahir likely to play, he should bat at number 4 position. Also there are no express pace bowlers in CSK ranks to trouble him with short-ball plans.
Who will win CSK vs KOL Today Match Prediction?
As per our CSK vs KOL Today Match Prediction, Kolkata Knight Riders are primed to win this clash against Chennai Super Kings. But as we saw in the last match, CSK are more than capable of playing a spoilsport in anybody’s party. KKR will have to be at their best otherwise they will be in real danger of losing out on qualification.