CSK vs KXIP Dream11 Match Prediction FREE TEAMS Today IPL Match 1 November
Updated on: Nov 1, 2020 2:08 pm IST
CSK vs KXIP Dream11 Prediction: A couple of weeks earlier, Kings XI Punjab’s IPL campaign for this year looked done and dusted. But with the return of Chris Gayle, their fortunes have turned upside down. Now they are only a win away from almost confirming their play-offs spot. They will be up against Chennai Super Kings, who have already spoiled KKR’s party and will be looking to end this year’s season on a high. We will preview CSK vs KXIP Dream11 contest.
In the last match against Kolkata Knight Riders, CSK bowlers did a reasonable job to keep KKR to a total of 172 after a quick start by their top order. Making a comeback to XI, Lungi Ngidi picked a couple while spin trio of Mitch Santner, Ravindra Jadeja and Karn Sharma had a wicket each. In reply, Ruturaj Gaikwad showed his class once again as he anchored the chase with a brilliant innings of 72. Ambati Rayudu also contributed with 38 but Ravindra Jadeja was the game-changer in last couple overs with his 11-ball-31 as he took CSK home on the last ball.
Kings XI Punjab juggernaut was halted by Rajasthan Royals in their last match. Batting first, KL Rahul was again among the runs with a crucial partnership with Chris Gayle after Mandeep Singh was dismissed on a duck. Both added 120 runs for the second wicket as Chris Gayle looked at his six-hitting best. He hit 8 maximums in his 99 as KXIP posted 185 on the board thanks to some late blows from Nicholas Pooran. In reply, Rajasthan looked always in control after a blistering start by Ben Stokes. KXIP bowlers failed to pick up regular wickets as RR chased down the total in just 17.3 overs.
In head-to-head comparisons, Chennai Super Kings have been a superior team in matches between these two sides. CSK have won 14 matches while 9 games have gone KXIP’s way in 23 matches played between them. In last 5 matches, CSK are leading the proceedings by 3-2. In the first meeting this year, Shane Watson and Faf du Plessis chased down 178 without losing any wickets at Dubai.
Pitch and Conditions
Scores have remained comparatively lower in the afternoon matches at Abu Dhabi. Today also, a used pitch will be in play for this match. Longer boundaries compared to other venues will always keep spinners in the game. With no question of dew in afternoon, batting first after winning the toss should be an ideal way to go.
CSK vs KXIP Dream11 Teams Match Details
Fixture name: Chennai Super Kings Vs Kings XI Punjab, Match 53, IPL 2020
Competition: IPL 2020
Date: 1st November 2020
Time: 3:30 PM IST
Stadium: Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
Head to Head (Last 5 games)
Chennai Super Kings: 03, Kings XI Punjab: 02, NR: 00
Points Table Standings
Chennai Super Kings: Matches- 13, Win- 5, Loss- 8, Points- 10, Standing- 8th
Kings XI Punjab: Matches- 13, Win- 6, Loss- 7, Points- 12, Standing- 5th
Chennai Super Kings: WWLLL
Kings XI Punjab: LWWWW
Last Match at the Venue
Kings XI Punjab (185/4, 20 Overs) lost to Rajasthan Royals (186/3, 17.3 Overs) by 7 wickets, 30th October 2020.
CSK vs KXIP Dream11 Team Prediction
Let’s take a look at the squad news and CSK Vs KXIP Dream11 predictions for today’s encounter.
Chennai Super Kings Team News
- We may see a couple of changes again for CSK in their last match as they are looking to give opportunities to young players.
- Faf du Plessis may come back in place of Shane Watson today after missing out on the last match. Ruturaj Gaikwad must be oozing with self-belief after the last two matches.
- Ambati Rayudu has been decent this year while MS Dhoni would be hoping to end this year with an innings of substance. Narayan Jagadeesan is likely get an opportunity in the middle order again today.
- Ravindra Jadeja, Mitch Santner and Sam Curran will be their all-rounders and their lower middle order has looked stronger after the inclusion of Mitch Santner. Deepak Chahar and Lungi Ngidi will remain their fast-bowling options while Karn Sharma is also likely to feature in our CSK vs KXIP Dream11 prediction.
CSK Playing 11 (Probable)
Faf du Plessis
Kings XI Punjab Team News
- There is still no clarity about Mayank Agarwal’s fitness and if he is not available today as well, KXIP are likely to go unchanged from their last match.
- KL Rahul and Mandeep Singh will continue to open and if Mayank Agarwal plays, Mandeep Singh will bat in the middle order. Chris Gayle will bat at number 3 position to take his exploits forward from the last innings.
- Nicholas Pooran and Glenn Maxwell will remain their middle order core while Deepak Hooda and Chris Jordan can also contribute towards the death overs.
- Murugan Ashwin and Ravi Bishnoi have done really well in the middle overs while Arshdeep Singh has complemented Mohammed Shami brilliantly in their quest of quick wickets in powerplay as well as in death overs.
KXIP Playing 11 (Probable)
CSK vs KXIP Dream 11 Prediction Today Cricket Match
WK: KL Rahul, Nicholas Pooran
Batsmen: Ruturaj Gaikwad, Ambati Rayudu, Chris Gayle, Mandeep Singh
All-rounders: Sam Curran, Ravindra Jadeja
Bowlers: Lungi Ngidi, Mohammed Shami, Ravi Bishnoi
For Small Leagues
- Sam Curran is the most favourable option today from Chennai Super Kings. He has had a brilliant season this year with both bat and ball. He has 13 wickets from 12 matches and may get a promotion in the batting order today to tackle two leg-spinners.
- KL Rahul has the highest fantasy points this year. So, no point looking beyond him today as well for the captaincy option. With 641 runs from 13 innings, he looks certain to take home the orange cap for this season. He scored 63 when these two teams met at Dubai earlier.
- Chris Gayle just never gets old, does he? The way he was hitting the ball in the last match against RR, it looked like he was at peak of his powers. With play-offs spot on the line for KXIP, he will have another stage ready for him today. Two left-arm spinners and a leg-spinner in CSK ranks will only add to his strengths.
For Grand Leagues
- Ruturaj Gaikwad has shown why he was much talked about in domestic circuits in last couple years. After indifferent couple of matches, he impressed everyone with his temperament in last two innings. With 2021 season just six months away, he would be looking to make his claim for the next year. His last two scores: 72 & 65*
- Ravindra Jadeja is perfectly suited for the grand leagues. His form with the bat looks ominous this year and should get more opportunity today given that there are two leg-spinners in KXIP lineup. He is striking at 171.85 this year and his 4 overs with the ball can also give some important points at Abu Dhabi.
- Mohammed Shami has picked up 20 wickets from 13 innings and he is firmly in the race for purple cap this year. Him taking the new ball has remained a crucial factor for KXIP and it will be interesting to see how he bowls in an afternoon game today. His battle with CSK openers will be a key passage of play today.
Who will win CSK vs KXIP Today Match Prediction?
As per our CSK vs KXIP Today Match Prediction, Kings XI Punjab are favourites to win this match against Chennai Super Kings. KXIP should be confident about their chances as they have done most things right in their recent charge for the play-offs qualification. KL Rahul, Chris Gayle and Nicholas Pooran will decide how far KXIP will go in bright Abu Dhabi sunshine. On the other hand, CSK have already harmed a couple of teams and will be looking to do the same to Kings XI Punjab today.