ENG vs SA Dream11 Prediction 2nd Test Live Score, Pitch Report, Player Stats, England vs South Africa Dream11 Team for Today’s Match
Updated on: Aug 24, 2022 5:53 pm IST
ENG vs SA Dream11 Prediction: The second Test match between hosts England and South Africa is scheduled to start from 25 August, 2022 (Thursday) at the Emirates Old Trafford in Manchester. The visiting South African team delivered an outstanding performance to register a remarkable innings and 12 runs victory over England in the opening Test match. Proteas have now taken a 1-0 lead in the three-match Test series. On the other hand, England will definitely be eyeing to make a strong fightback in the second Test.
ENG vs SA Dream11 Prediction for Today Match
Fixture Name: 2nd Test, England vs South Africa
Competition: England vs South Africa Test
Date: 24 August, 2022
Time: 3:30 PM IST
Ground: Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester
Watch ENG vs SA Live Score
Watch England vs South Africa 2nd Test Live on Sony Sports Network and Sony LIV app.
England vs South Africa Pitch Report
The wicket and the conditions at the Emirates Old Trafford has traditionally been better for the batsmen but the current weather is expected to favour the fast bowlers once again. Rain is likely to stay away throughout the five days of the Test match while it will remain cloudy throughout the game. The captain winning the toss will once again look to bat first.
Team Form Guide:
ENG (recent last): L W W W W
SA (recent last): W W W W L
ENG Playing 11
Ben Stokes (C)
Ben Foakes (wk)
Related: Who is captain cool of cricket?
- Matty Potts, Harry Brook and Craig Overton have not been named in the England playing XI.
- Ben Stokes will captain the side.
- Ben Foakes will be the wicket-keeper.
- The likes of Alex Lees, Joe Root, Ollie Pope, Jonny Bairstow and Ben Stokes will once again be expected to play a significant role in the batting department.
- The likes of Stuart Broad, James Anderson, Jack Leach and Ben Stokes will be their crucial clogs in the bowling contingent.
Joe Root Stats in Test
For England, Joe Root will be eyeing to contribute with another match-winning performance in the longer form of the game. Root has already scored 3 brilliant tons in his last 5 Tests.
|122||10472||54/28||50.77||6 & 8, 142*, 31, 86*, 5, 3, 176, 115, 11|
Jonny Bairstow Stats in Test
England’s in-form Jonny Bairstow performed stunningly well during the previous Test matches against India and New Zealand. Jonny Bairstow has notched up three consecutive hundreds in the last three home Tests.
|88||5433||37.34||23/12||0, 18, 114*, 106, 71*, 162, 136, 8|
SA Playing 11
Rassie van der Dussen
Related: Why Shikhar Dhawan not in T20 squad?
- Duanne Olivier is still doubtful for this Test due to right hip flexor muscle tear.
- They are unlikely to tinker a lot with their winning combination.
- Dean Elgar will be the captain.
- Kyle Verreynne will don the wicket-keeping duties.
- They will once again depend a lot on the likes of Dean Elgar, Sarel Erwee, Keegan Petersen, Rassie van der Dussen and Aiden Markram to deliver the goods with the bat.
- The likes of Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje, Keshav Maharaj and Kagiso Rabada will be their important wicket-taking bowlers.
Kagiso Rabada Stats in Test
South Africa’s pace spearhead Kagiso Rabada has a fabulous record in Test cricket especially in the last few months. Kagiso Rabada picked up a sensational five-wicket haul in the first innings of the Lords Test.
|53||250||22.1||40.28||5/52, 2/27, 1/35, 0/30, 0/5, 1/31|
Dean Elgar Stats in Test
South Africa captain Dean Elgar will once again be expected to lead his side from the front. Dean Elgar got a fine start of 47 runs in the first innings of the opening Test against England.
|77||4911||39.29||22/13||47, 39 & 4, 70 & 26, 67 & 64, 4, 20|
Who will win England vs South Africa today match?
- England have managed to win 4 out of their last 5 Test matches so far.
- South Africa have witnessed a total of 4 victories and only one Test loss in the recent while.
- During the last Test match between these two sides, South Africa defeated England by an innings and 12 runs.
According to the England vs South Africa today match prediction, England are the favourites to win this match.
ENG vs SA Dream11 Team Prediction
WICKET-KEEPERS: Jonny Bairstow
BATTERS: Dean Elgar, Ollie Pope, Sarel Erwee, Rassie van der Dussen
ALL-ROUNDERS: Ben Stokes, Joe Root, Aiden Markram
BOWLERS: Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Stuart Broad
Related: Longest six in cricket history
ENG vs SA Dream11 Prediction Captain & Vice Captain Choices
For Small League, Head-to-Head contests: Joe Root, Dean Elgar.
For Grand League: Jonny Bairstow, Kagiso Rabada.
Related: Who will win Asia Cup 2022?
Click for more Fantasy Cricket Tips