ENG vs SA Dream11 Prediction: ICC ODI Cricket World Cup 2023 Match 20 Playing 11, Pitch Report, Fantasy Cricket Tips for England vs South Africa Dream11 Team
Updated on: Oct 20, 2023 4:59 pm IST
ENG vs SA Dream11 Prediction: England will face South Africa in the 20th match of the ODI World Cup 2023 on Saturday. The Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai will host the game at 2:00 PM IST.
England vs South Africa – 20th match of ICC ODI Cricket World Cup 2023
21st October, 2:00 PM IST
Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
ENG vs SA ODI World Cup 2023 Preview
England haven’t had a desired run in the competition so far as they sit 5th in the points table with a single win and two losses after three matches. They were stunned by Afghanistan in their last game as they lost the match by 69 runs. The defending champions need a win here, otherwise, they will face an uphill battle to reach the semifinals.
On the other hand, South Africa are 3rd in the points table with two wins and a single loss after three matches. They began their campaign with back-to-back wins but lost their last match to Netherlands by 38 runs. The Proteas will also be desperate to bounce back to the winning ways with a win here.
England – L W L NR W
South Africa – L W W W W
Wankhede Stadium Pitch Report
It is a high-scoring venue with a belter of a surface here. Furthermore, the boundaries are on the shorter side and the outfield is pretty quick. However, the spinners are expected to get some help off the surface during the first innings. We could expect a high-scoring match between the two quality sides.
Last result at the venue
- Australia (188/10 in 35.4 overs) lost to India (191/5 in 39.5 overs) by 5 wickets – 17 March 2023
ENG Playing 11
- Jonny Bairstow
- Dawid Malan
- Joe Root
- Ben Stokes
- Jos Buttler (C & WK)
- Liam Livingstone
- Sam Curran/Moeen Ali
- Chris Woakes/Gus Atkinson
- Adil Rashid
- Mark Wood
- Reece Topley
England Team News
- Ben Stokes is fully fit and he is set to return to the playing XI in place of Harry Brook.
- Moeen Ali could come into the playing XI in place of Sam Curran.
- England could also look towards Gus Atkinson in place of Chris Woakes.
ENG Key Players
Joe Root’s Stats in ODIs
|Last 5 innings in ODI||Runs against South Afrcia in ODI||ODI Batting Average in India||ODI Scores at the Wankhede Stadium||Captain or Vice-captain choice|
|11, 82, 77, 29, 4||681 runs in 16 matches||58.12||N/A||✅|
Jonny Bairstow’s Stats in ODIs
|Last 5 innings in ODI||Runs against South Africa in ODI||ODI Batting Average in India||ODI performances at the Wankhede Stadium||Captain or Vice-captain choice|
|2, 52, 33, 13, 0||233 runs in 9 matches||37.36||9||❌|
SA Playing XI
- Quinton de Kock (WK)
- Temba Bavuma (C)
- Rassie van der Dussen
- Aiden Markram
- Heinrich Klaasen
- David Miller
- Marco Jansen
- Kagiso Rabada
- Keshav Maharaj
- Lungi Ngidi
- Gerald Coetzee
South Africa Team News
- No changes are expected in the South African playing XI despite the loss.
SA Key Players
Quinton de Kock’s Stats in ODIs
|Last 5 Performances in ODI||Runs against England in ODI||ODI Batting Average in India||ODI Scores at the Wankhede Stadium||Captain or Vice-captain choice|
|20, 109, 100, 27, 45||902 runs in 17 matches||55.09||109||✅|
Rassie van der Dussen’s Stats in ODIs
|Last 5 innings in ODI||Runs against England in ODI||ODI Batting Average in India||ODI performances at the Wankhede Stadium||Captain or Vice-captain choice|
|4, 26, 108, 30, 62||407 runs in 10 matches||46.00||N/A||❌|
Who will win ENG vs SA ODI World Cup 2023 match?
- England have won only two of the last five matches.
- South Africa have won four of the last five matches.
- Both teams have won two matches each in the last five meetings between the two sides.
- England are struggling badly with the ball at the moment and the Proteas have the firepower to exploit their weaknesses.
As per our prediction, South Africa are expected to win this game.
ENG vs SA Dream11 Prediction
Wicket-keepers: Q de Kock, J Bairstow
Batsmen: J Root, R van der Dussen, D Malan
All-rounder: A Markram, M Jansen
Bowlers: K Rabada, A Rashid, K Maharaj, R Topley
Who are Best Captain Options for ENG vs SA Dream11 Team
For Small League, Head to Head contest: Joe Root and Quinton de Kock are the safest captaincy options in this match.
For Grand League, Mega Contest: Aiden Markram and Jonny Bairstow could be the real MVPs in the GLs
What are ENG vs SA Fantasy Tips?
- You could take a risk and create a GL team filled with bowlers from both sides for it to be a low-scoring game.
- Do not miss out on the top-order batters from both teams in your SL teams.
- Keshav Maharaj and Adil Rashid could be picked together in SLs as they are likely to pick wickets on this surface.
Never miss an update, visit Google News & FOLLOW US.