India Women vs England Women Match Prediction Tips | Who will win Today’s Match
Monday, 09 April 2018 at 09:00 AM Local
Nagpur – After registering a narrow win in the ODI series opener, India Women would come out to seal the series when they meet England Women in the second match of the three-match ODI series at Nagpur. Putting behind their lackluster performance in the Twenty 20 Tri-Nation, India Women stitched together a fine performance to get past England to take a 1-0 lead in the series.
At one time, it looked curtains for India. With 18 needed in a low-scoring game, the last-wicket pair of Ekta Bisht and Poonam Yadav fetched some of the most unlikely runs to get India Women over the line. Apart from the tail-end effort, in-form opener Smriti Mandhana came good once again to score 86 off 109, studded with 5 fours and 4 maximums, to lead the chase. However, she did not get much support from the other end and as the wickets continued to tumble. Earlier, Indian bowler bowled exceptionally well to keep England Women down to 2018.
Tammy Beaumont, Fran Wilson and Danielle Hazell chipped in for England Women with the bat, while Sophie Ecclestone had a good outing with the ball.
India Women Team News
- After a winning start to the ODI series, India Women are likely to remain unchanged for the second fixture.
- As of now, there are no reports of any injuries in the side.
Mithali Raj (C), Harmanpreet Kaur (VC), Smriti Mandhana, Deepti Sharma, Jemimah Rodrigues, Dayalan Hemalatha, Veda Krishnamurthy, Devika Vaidya, Jhulan Goswami, Shikha Pandey, Pooja Vastrakar, Ekta Bisht, Poonam Yadav, Sushma Verma (wicket-keeper), Rajeshwari Gayakwad
Mithali Raj (c), Jhulan Goswami, Ekta Bisht, Harmanpreet Kaur, Smriti Mandhana, Shikha Pandey, Poonam Yadav, Sushma Verma (wk), Veda Krishnamurthy, Deepti Sharma, Devika Vaidya
England Women Team News
- Heather Knight, missed the first match of the series, is still a doubt for the fixture.
- There could be a change or two in the England side after the loss in the series opener.
Heather Knight (c), Tammy Beaumont, Kate Cross, Alice Davidson-Richards, Sophie Ecclestone, Tash Farrant, Katie George, Jenny Gunn, Alex Hartley, Danielle Hazell, Amy Jones (wk), Anya Shrubsole, Bryony Smith, Nat Sciver, Fran Wilson, Danni Wyatt
Danielle Hazell, Anya Shrubsole (c), Danielle Wyatt, Tammy Beaumont, Georgia Elwiss, Amy Ellen Jones (wk), Natalie Sciver, Fran Wilson, Alex Hartley, Sophie Ecclestone, Alice Davidson Richards
- Smriti Mandhana carried her stellar form into the series, scoring 86 off 109 in the first game.
- Poonam Yadav, Ekta Bisht and Deepti Sharma produced good bowling spells to bowl England out for 207.
- Tammy Beaumont, Fran Wilson and Danielle Hazell were the contributors with the bat in the 1st ODI.
- Sophie Ecclestone was the stand out bowler, who returned with bowling figures of 4/37.
Note: This IN-W vs EN-W match preview is based on news sourced from various sources. We suggest you pick your playing 11 from the squad listed above.
IN-W vs EN-W Dream 11 Fantasy Team
Note: Kindly revisit before the deadline to get the final update. Also, hit the bell icon on the bottom right side of your screen to get all the latest news and updates.