Adelaide, January 15 at 8:50 AM IST
India take the field to stay alive in the series at the Adelaide Oval on Tuesday while Australia have the opportunity to claim the series which a very few expect them to win.
Sydney ODI was exactly what Aussie needed, a response from their players. Batting first, Khawaja, Marsh, Handscomb and Stoinis helped their side to a par total and later Jason Behrendorff and Jhye Richardson put pressure on Indian batsmen with early breakthroughs.
India are under the pump. Once again onus will be on the top 3 to take India home. Rohit racked a fantastic ton in the 1st ODI but with no support from the other end, India could not go over the line. How will India respond to the unexpected loss?
Australia Team News: Mitch Marsh has regained fitness and is available for selection.
India Team News: India felt the need for a sixth bowler in first ODI. They might bring in Kedar Jadhav or Vijay Shankar, with Dinesh Karthik most likely to make way.
India Playing 11: Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli (c), Ambati Rayudu, MS Dhoni (wk), Kedar Jadhav/Dinesh Karthik, Ravindra Jadeja, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Khaleel Ahmed, Mohammed Shami
Australia Playing 11: Aaron Finch (c), Alex Carey (wk), Usman Khawaja, Shaun Marsh, Peter Handscomb, Marcus Stoinis, Glenn Maxwell, Nathan Lyon, Peter Siddle, Richardson Behrendorff
Team 1, 2: Indian top-order crumbles again
– This could well be a repeat of the first ODI. Pick more Aussie batsmen in anticipation of India’s top-order failure.
Team 3, 4: India’s opening duo delivers
– Rohit Sharma has already racked a hundred. Shikhar too can join the party here, and the two wreak havoc on Aussie.
– Punt on them, make them captain/vice-captain
Team 5, 6, 7: Unlikely heroes
– The likes of Peter Handscomb and Marcus Stoinis delivered the goods in the last outing. Rayudu might join them and run away with top-run getter in the match.
– Choosing them the captain.