IND vs AUS Dream11 Prediction: ICC ODI Cricket World Cup 2023 Match 5 Playing 11, Pitch Report, Fantasy Cricket Tips for India vs Australia Dream11 Team
Updated on: Oct 7, 2023 2:42 pm IST
IND vs AUS Dream11 Prediction: India are all set to lock horns with Australia in the 5th match of the ICC ODI World Cup 2023 at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai. The game will be played on Sunday at 2:00 PM IST.
India vs Australia – 5th match of ICC ODI Cricket World Cup 2023
8th October, 2:00 PM IST
MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai
IND vs AUS ODI World Cup 2023 Preview
The hosts India will kickstart their bandwagon in the World Cup by taking on Australia in their opening game. India have looked good recently since the comeback of their seniors from their respective injuries. India won the Asia Cup 2023 followed by the ODI series win over Australia. Men in Blue would be eager to start their campaign positively with a win.
On the other hand, Australia have lost back-to-back ODI series on their road to the World Cup but with the return of Glenn Maxwell and Mitchell Starc, they suddenly are looking like a team to beat. The Aussies have all the components in their squad to be successful and they will be eager to begin their campaign with a win over the hosts.
India – L W W W L
Australia – W L L L L
MA Chidambaram Stadium Pitch Report
MA Chidambaram Stadium is known for its slow surface and the spinners have always been effective here. The batters will have to apply themselves technically to score here. We could expect a solid fight between the bat and the ball here as both sides have some quality players among their ranks.
Last result at the venue
- Australia (269//10 in 49 overs) defeated India (248/10 in 49.1 overs) by 21 runs – 22 March 2023
IND Playing 11
- Rohit Sharma (C)
- Shubman Gill/Ishan Kishan
- Virat Kohli
- Shreyas Iyer
- KL Rahul (WK)
- Hardik Pandya
- Ravindra Jadeja
- Ravichandran Ashwin
- Kuldeep Yadav
- Jasprit Bumrah
- Mohammad Siraj
India Team News
- Shubman Gill is down with dengue and the decision on his inclusion will be taken before the toss.
- Ishan Kishan is likely to open the batting if Shubman Gill fails to recover.
- Ravichandran Ashwin might play ahead of Shardul Thakur as it is a slow surface.
IND Key Players
Rohit Sharma’s Stats in ODIs
|Last 5 innings in ODI||Runs against Australia in ODI||ODI Batting Average in India||ODI Scores at the MA Chidambaram Stadium||Captain or Vice-captain choice|
|81, DNB, 0, 53, 56||2332 runs in 43 matches||58.42||30, 28, 21, 4, 21||❌|
Virat Kohli’s Stats in ODIs
|Last 5 innings in ODI||Runs against Australia in ODI||ODI Batting Average in India||ODI performances at the MA Chidambaram Stadium||Captain or Vice-captain choice|
|56, DNB, 3, 122*, DNB||2228 runs in 47 matches||57.92||54, 4, 0, 138, 0, 80||✅|
AUS Playing XI
- David Warner
- Mitchell Marsh
- Steven Smith
- Marnus Labuschagne
- Alex Carey (WK)
- Glenn Maxwell
- Cameron Green
- Pat Cummins (C)
- Mitchell Starc
- Adam Zampa
- Josh Hazlewood
Australia Team News
- Marcus Stoinis has a hip strain and he could miss out on the game against India.
- Cameron Green is likely to play ahead of Marcus Stoinis in this fixture.
AUS Key Players
David Warner’s Stats in ODIs
|Last 5 Performances in ODI||Runs against India in ODI||ODI Batting Average in India||ODI Scores at the MA Chidambaram Stadium||Captain or Vice-captain choice|
|56, 53, 52, 10, 12||1174 runs in 25 matches||52.27||23, 25||✅|
Mitchell Marsh’s Stats in ODIs
|Last 5 innings in ODI||Runs against India in ODI||ODI Batting Average in India||ODI performances at the MA Chidambaram Stadium||Captain or Vice-captain choice|
|96, 4, 71, 6, 29||458 runs in 10 matches||73.50||47||❌|
Who will win IND vs AUS ODI World Cup 2023 match?
- India have won three of their last five matches.
- Australia have won only one of their last five matches.
- Australia have won three and India have won two of the last five meetings between the two sides.
- Spinners are likely to decide the fate of this game and India have a better spin contingent among the two sides.
As per our prediction, India are expected to win this game.
IND vs AUS Dream11 Prediction
Wicket-keepers: L Rahul
Batsmen: V Kohli, R Sharma, D Warner, M Marsh
All-rounder: H Pandya, R Jadeja, G Maxwell
Bowlers: M Starc, K Yadav, A Zampa
Who are Best Captain Options for IND vs AUS Dream11 Team
For Small League, Head to Head contest: Virat Kohli and David Warner are the best captaincy options in this game.
For Grand League, Mega Contest: Rohit Sharma and Glenn Maxwell could be your GL team’s captains.
What are IND vs AUS Fantasy Tips?
- Pick both Australian spinners, including Adam Zampa and Glenn Maxwell, alongside Indian spinners in your SL teams.
- The pacers can also leave their mark on this surface with their pace variations. Hence, create a GL team filled with the pacers from both sides.
Never miss an update, visit Google News & FOLLOW US.