IND vs ENG Dream11 Prediction: 2023 World Cup 2023 Match 29, Playing 11, Pitch Report, Fantasy Cricket Tips for India vs England Dream11 Team
Updated on: Oct 28, 2023 12:10 pm IST
The Men in Blue, gearing up for their Sunday’s World Cup clash against an aching England, would want to sit on the top of the table at Lucknow’s Ekana Stadium. On the other hand, the Englishmen have nothing to lose from them.
Let’s take a look at our IND vs ENG Dream11 Prediction and fantasy cricket preview for this game.
India vs England, Match 29 of ICC Men’s World Cup 2023
29 October, 2 PM IST
Ekana Cricket Stadium, India
IND vs ENG Preview
England just coming from a disaster defeat from the Chinnaswamy’s batting paradise, got bundled in 156 runs. On the other side, India got a victory over solid and disciplined Kiwis.
The English side, at best could play a spoiler for other teams. And India, with one foot in the semifinal, would not take any chances against a wounded rival.
India – WWWWW
England – LLLWL
Ekana Cricket Stadium Pitch Report
Unlike in the IPL 2023, the Ekana Stadium pitch is giving joy to the batters in the World Cup 2023. There have been three matches played at the venue in the ongoing tournament and there have been five totals of over 200 in six innings, with one being 311 in the SA vs AUS game. However, there is help for the bowlers. In the three World Cup matches, pacers have taken more wickets (24) than spinners (19). So it is a neutral venue.
Last result at the venue
SL – 209 (43.3/50) (Pacers – 4w, Spinners – 5w)
AUS – 215/5 (35.2/50 overs) (Pacers – 3w, Spinners – 1w)
Australia won by 5 wickets.
IND Playing 11
- Rohit Sharma
- Shubman Gill
- Virat Kohli
- Shreyas Iyer
- KL Rahul
- Suryakumar Yadav/ Ravi Ashwin
- Ravindra Jadeja
- Mohammad Shami
- Jasprit Bumrah
- Kuldeep Yadav
- Mohammed Siraj
India Team News
- The medical report of Hardik Pandya confirmed that he has a ligament tear and he is likely to miss the next 3 matches in this tournament.
- India should bring back Ravi Ashwin in place of Suryakumar Yadav. That would provide a pure bowling option with additional batting.
- Batting order should remain the same. If Ashwin plays, he would bat at 7.
IND Key Players
Virat Kohli Stats vs England in ODI
|Last 5 Scores in ODI||Runs against ENG in ODI||ODI Batting average vs England||ODI Scores at Ekana||Captain or Vice captain choice|
|95, 103, 16, 55, 85||1340||38.28||_||✔|
Jasprit Bumrah Stats vs England in ODI
|Last 5 bowling figures in ODI||Wickets against ENG in ODI||ODI Bowling Average vs England||ODI bowling figures at Ekana||Vice captain choice|
|1/45, 2/41, 2/19, 4/39, 2/35||14||24.28||–-||✅|
ENG Playing 11
- Jonny Bairstow
- Dawid Malan
- Joe Root
- Ben Stokes
- Harry Brook
- Joss Buttler
- Moeen Ali
- David Willey
- Adil Rashid
- Mark Wood
England Team News
- England should bring back Harry Brook in the XI. He is the only batter who looked consistent on the Indian surfaces. In that case, Chris Woakes will have to sit out.
- Batting order should remain the same. If Brook plays he will bat at 5 followed by Buttler at 6 and so on.
ENG Key Players
Ben Stokes Stats vs India in ODI
|Last 5 Scores in ODI||Runs against India in ODI||ODI Batting average vs India||ODI Scores at Ekana||Captain or Vice captain choice|
|43, 5, 182, 1, 52||522||30.7||—||❌|
Adil Rashid Stats vs India in ODI
|Last 5 bowling figures in ODI||Wickets against IND in ODI||ODI Bowling Average vs India||ODI bowling figures at Ekana||Captain or Vice captain choice|
|0/39, 2/61, 3/42, 1/42, 0/47||9||50.11||—||❌|
Who will win today match between India and England (Match 29 of ICC Men’s World Cup 2023)?
- With eight intense ODI World Cup clashes, England holds a four-win edge, including a memorable tie in 2011.
- In the last 5 ODI matches, India has a lead of 3-2 over England.
India’s dominance in this World Cup and the relatively contrasting performance by England clearly indicate that the hosts with jampacked stadium are the favourite here.
IND vs ENG Dream11 Prediction
Wicket-keepers: L Rahul
Batsmen: V Kohli, R Sharma, J Root, B Stokes
All-rounders: R Jadeja, Moeen Ali,
Bowlers: J Bumrah, M Shami, K Yadav, A Rashid
Alternatives – J Bairstow for Moeen Ali
Huge Differential pick – Shreyas Iyer
Who are the Best Captain Options for IND vs ENG Dream11 Team
For Small League, Head to Head contest: Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli
For Grand League, Mega Contest: J Root, Ravindra Jadeja
What are IND vs ENG Fantasy Tips?
- Liam Livingstone can be crucial with both bat and ball, he can contribute 50+ points.
- Ravi Ashwin dismissed Ben Stokes for 4 times in 8 ODI matches conceding just 56 runs. If Ashwin plays, it would be a huge challenge for Stokes to face him.
- Most people will ignore Shreyas Iyer. But this is an ideal pitch for Shreyas Iyer to score runs. He has fifties in both 1 ODI and 1 T20I he played at Ekana.
- Virat Kohli (108 Runs) gave wickets to Adil Rashid 3 times in 7 ODIs with a strike rate of 93.1.
- Ekana is KL Rahul’s IPL home ground. He averages around 37 in IPL here.
- Shubman Gill never faced English bowling in ODI. If we consider Tests, he just scored 140 runs in 9 innings. Apart from that, at Ekana Stadium, he played 4 matches (1 ODI + 2 T20Is + 1 IPL) and scored only 17 runs as a whole.
Where to watch IND vs ENG Live?
Star Sports Network & Hotstar
Never miss an update, visit Google News & FOLLOW US.