IND vs SL Dream11 Prediction: World Cup 2023 Match 33, Playing 11, Wankhede Stadium Mumbai Pitch Report, India vs Sri Lanka Dream11 Team
Updated on: Nov 1, 2023 2:50 pm IST
Do you remember the final match of the 2011 World Cup? Once again Mumbai is hosting those two Asian rivalries for another ODI World Cup encounter.
The Men in Blue, gearing up for their Thursday’s World Cup clash against Sri Lanka, would want to secure another two-point mark at Mumbai’s iconic Wankhede Stadium. On the other hand, the Srilankans are almost knocked out of the tournament after a defeat against Afghanistan in Pune.
Let’s take a look at our IND vs SL Dream11 Prediction and fantasy cricket preview for this game.
India vs Sri Lanka, Match 33 of ICC Men’s World Cup 2023
2 November, 2 PM IST
Wankhede Cricket Stadium, India
IND vs SL Preview
Sri Lanka, just coming from a defeat in Pune, was almost knocked out by Afghanistan. On the other side, India got a victory over English “BazBall” cricket.
The Srilankan side, at best could play a spoiler for other teams. And India, with one foot in the semifinal, would want to do some experiments with their bench strength.
India – WWWWW
Sri Lanka – LWWLL
Wankhede Cricket Stadium Pitch Report
The surface generally offers a batting friendly wicket with a relatively small boundary. However, there is an extra bounce that the pitch generates. Hence, pacers will dominate over Spinners.
Last result at the venue
SA – 382/5 (Pacers – 3w, Spinners – 2w)
BAN – 233 (46.4/50 overs) (Pacers – 9w, Spinners – 1w)
South Africa won by 149 runs.
IND Playing 11
- Rohit Sharma
- Shubman Gill
- Virat Kohli
- Shreyas Iyer/ Ishan Kishan
- KL Rahul
- Suryakumar Yadav
- Ravindra Jadeja
- Mohammad Shami
- Jasprit Bumrah
- Kuldeep Yadav
- Mohammed Siraj
India Team News
- India should replace Shreyas Iyer with Ishan Kishan due the bad form of Iyer.
- Batting order should remain the same. If Kishan plays, he will bat at 5. And then Rahul will bat at 4.
- Though it would be ideal to chase at Wankhede, Rohit might choose batting first anyway for the practice (if he wins the toss). As they have just defended only in one match and the points table indicates that India will play in the semi final in this venue.
IND Key Players
Rohit Sharma Stats vs Sri Lanka in ODI
|Last 5 Scores in ODI||Runs against SL in ODI||ODI Batting average vs Srilanka||ODI Scores at Wankhede||Captain or Vice captain choice|
|87, 46, 48, 86, 131||1860||46.50||16, 20, 10||✔|
Jasprit Bumrah Stats vs Sri Lanka in ODI
|Last 5 bowling figures in ODI||Wickets against SL in ODI||ODI Bowling average vs Sri Lanka||ODI bowling figures at Wankhede||Vice captain choice|
|3/32, 1/45, 2/41, 2/19, 4/39, 2/35||25||17.0||1/56||✅|
SL Playing 11
- Dimuth Karunaratne
- Pathum Nissanka
- Kusal Mendis
- Sadeera Samarawickrama
- Charith Asalanka
- Dananjaya de Silva/ Dunith Wellalage
- Angelo Mathews
- Maheesh Theekshana
- Dusmantha Chameera
- Kasun Rajitha
- Dilshan Madushanka
Sri Lanka Team News
- Sri Lanka should bring back Dunith Wellalage in the XI. And the first replacement choice would be De Silva for his bad form.
- Batting order should remain the same.
SL Key Players
Angelo Mathews Stats vs India in ODI
|Last 2 Scores in ODI||Runs against India in ODI||ODI Batting average vs India||ODI Scores at Wankhede||Captain or Vice captain choice|
|Last 2 bowling figures in ODI||Wickets against IND in ODI||ODI Bowling average vs India||ODI bowling figures at Wankhede||Captain or Vice captain choice|
Pathum Nissanka Stats vs India in ODI
|Last 5 Scores in ODI||Runs against India in ODI||ODI Batting average vs India||ODI Scores at Wankhede||Captain or Vice Captain Choice|
|46, 77, 54, 61, 51||80||26.66||__||❌|
Who will win today match between India and Sri Lanka (Match 33 of ICC Men’s World Cup 2023)?
- A history of nine encounters, where both teams have claimed four wins each includes a memorable final and a semi-final. Recalling their last clash, in the 2019 ICC World Cup, India overpowered Sri Lanka and won by seven wickets.
- In the last 5 ODI matches, India has a lead of 5-0 over Sri Lanka.
India’s dominance in this World Cup and the relatively contrasting performance by Sri Lanka clearly indicate that the hosts with a jam packed stadium are the favourites here.
IND vs SL Dream11 Prediction
Wicket-keepers: L Rahul (bat first), K Mendis
Batsmen: V Kohli, R Sharma, Shubman Gill, P Nissanka
All-rounders: R Jadeja, A Mathews
Bowlers: J Bumrah, M Shami, K Yadav, M Siraj, D Madushanka
Who are the Best Captain Options for IND vs SL Dream11 Team
For Small League, Head to Head contest: Jasprit Bumrah, Virat Kohli
For Grand League, Mega Contest: Mohammed Siraj, Rohit Sharma
What are IND vs SL Fantasy Tips?
- We suggest you to not choose any Srilankan player as your Captain/ Vice Captain.
- If India are chasing, KL Rahul might not come to bat. But, if Shreyas Iyer is dropped, then Rahul would come at 4.
- Sadira Samarawickrama is in good form. He can be a good pick as well.
- If Srilanka bowl first, Dusmantha Chameera has a great chance of picking wickets in the death overs. On the other hand Kasun Rajitha can be good in 2nd innings as well.
- Shubman Gill has a great chance to come back with a good knock in this match as he has a good average against India. So you can try him as your vice captain.
Where to watch IND vs SL Live?
Star Sports Network & Hotstar
Never miss an update, visit Google News & FOLLOW US.