JAM vs BAR Dream11 Match Prediction Cricket Jamaica Tallawahs vs Barbados Tridents CPL T20 5 September
Updated on: Sep 5, 2020 8:26 pm IST
JAM vs BAR Dream11 Prediction: Barbados Tridents have had a torrid time during this year’s Caribbean Premier League. They began the season with an aim to defend their title from the last year but they played like a shadow of last year’s team. With already being knocked out of the competition, Barbados Tridents will be playing for their pride in their last group match. They will lock horns with Jamaica Tallawahs in 28th match of the season today. We will preview the match in our Dream11 fantasy cricket.
Jamaica Tallawahs are sitting at fourth position in the points table but they can avoid a potential semi-final with Trinbago Knight Riders if they gather points from their last couple of group matches. Their last match against St Kitts and Nevis Patriots was washed out only after the play of 5.4 overs. Bowlers didn’t get enough overs to make any analysis from that match.
Barbados Tridents faced another hammering in the last match at the hands of Guyana Amazon Warriors. Batting first, the Tridents could not stand against the likes of Romario Shepherd and Imran Tahir on a slow surface. Only Mitchell Santner and Nyeem Young resisted in a stand, about which we wouldn’t have been talking if it happened in any other match. Barbados Tridents recorded another low with a score of 89 runs from their 20 overs. Jason Holder picked up a couple in the bowling innings only to delay the formalities.
In head-to-head comparisons, Jamaica Tallawahs have fared better than Barbados Tridents in matches between them historically. Jamaica have won 8 matches while Barbados Tridents managed to protect their fort on 6 occasions. In last 5 matches, Jamaica Tallawahs are having a lead of 3-2. In the first meeting this year however, Barbados Tridents beat the Tallawahs at Queen’s Park Oval last week.
Pitch and Conditions
Weather forecast is looking decent for us to have a full T20 match today. Isolated thunderstorms are predicted but it is not looking serious for a wash-out. Playing surfaces have been sluggish all season to say the least. Another slow pitch will be in play today and this will be the second match for the day on the same pitch.
JAM vs BAR Dream11 Teams Match Details
Fixture name: Jamaica Tallawahs Vs Barbados Tridents, Match 28 CPL T20
Competition: CPL T20
Date: 5th September 2020
Time: 11:45 PM IST
Stadium: The Brian Lara Stadium, Tarouba
Head to Head (Last 5 games)
Jamaica Tallawahs: 03, Barbados Tridents: 02, Tie: 00
Points Table Standings
Jamaica Tallawahs: Played- 8, Won- 3, Lost- 4, NR- 1, Points- 7, Standing- 4th
Barbados Tridents: Played- 9, Won- 2, Lost- 7, Points- 4, Standing- 5th
JAM vs BAR Dream11 Team Prediction
Let’s take a look at the expected lineups for both the teams in today match prediction.
Jamaica Tallawahs Squad
Rovman Powell (C), Glenn Phillips (wk), Chadwick Walton, Jermaine Blackwood, Andre Russell, Asif Ali, Carlos Brathwaite, Ryan Persaud, Oshane Thomas, Sandeep Lamichhane, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Fidel Edwards, Ramaal Lewis, Veerasammy Permaul, Preston McSween, Nicholas Kirton, Nkrumah Bonner
Jamaica Tallawahs Team News
- Jamaica Tallawahs will be looking to collect these two points even after their qualification for the knock-out stages. Their last match was washed out and most of the players didn’t get much of opportunities to showcase their talents.
- Glenn Phillips has been excellent again this year and Nkrumah Bonner will accompany him for the opening partnership. Jermaine Blackwood will bat at one-drop for the Tallawahs.
- In the lower middle order, the form of captain Rovman Powell and Carlos Brathwaite has been the main concern for the team management while Asif Ali and Andre Russell will look to continue their momentum.
- Veerasammy Permaul, Sandeep Lamichhane and Fidel Edwards will remain in the playing XI but the availability of Mujeeb Ur Rahman will be in question for the later stages of the season.
JAM Playing 11 (Probable)
Glenn Phillips (wk)
Mujeeb Ur Rahman
Barbados Tridents Squad
Jason Holder (C), Johnson Charles, Shai Hope (wk), Corey Anderson, Shamarh Brooks, Justin Greaves, Jonathan Carter, Nyeem Young, Ashley Nurse, Rashid Khan, Hayden Walsh Jr., Kyle Mayers, Joshua Bishop, Shayan Jahangir, Mitchell Santner, Keon Harding, Raymon Reifer
Barbados Tridents Team News
- Defending champions Barbados Tridents are no longer in the race for the semi-finals as they were thrown out of the competition. They may give some chances to the young players looking ahead to the future.
- Johnson Charles has played only one innings of some substance this year and he would be sorely disappointed by that fact. Justin Greaves will continue to partner him at the top after the failures of Shai Hope.
- Rashid Khan played at number 3 position in the last game while Shamarh Brooks and Kyle Mayers followed him. Jason Holder and Mitchell Santner will continue to fill the all-rounders’ spots.
- Nyeem Young and Raymon Reifer will remain their pace-bowling options while Ashley Nurse and Hayden Walsh Jr will complement Rashid Khan in spin-bowling department.
BAR Playing 11 (Probable)
Jason Holder (C)
Hayden Walsh Jr
JAM vs BAR Dream 11 Prediction Today Cricket Match
WK: Glenn Phillips
Batsmen: Jermaine Blackwood, Nkrumah Bonner, Kyle Mayers
All-rounders: Carlos Brathwaite, Andre Russell, Jason Holder, Mitchell Santner
Bowlers: Rashid Khan, Sandeep Lamichhane, Mujeeb ur Rahman
For Small Leagues
- Even without his bowling, Andre Russell is still the biggest match-winner of T20 cricket arguably. He has struggled again this season with his fitness but has produced performances whenever opportunities did come to him.
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman is the second highest wicket-taker currently in CPL. With 13 scalps from 8 innings at an average of 10.69, he has been a talisman for Jamaica Tallawahs in this low-scoring season.
- Jason Holder is the best option again from Barbados Tridents. Although his returns with the bat have been moderate but his bowling capabilities haven’t been in doubt ever. Clearly, he is a 3-dimensional cricketer with a huge potential for your fantasy team.
For Grand Leagues
- Glenn Phillips considers Jamaica as his second home and that’s not surprising anymore. He comes here every year in CPL and delivers performances of highest quality. This year also, he is second on the list of top run-scorer with a total of 248 runs from just 7 innings.
- Sandeep Lamichhane is perfectly capable option for the grand leagues. He has picked up 10 wickets from this season till now and will be looking for more in the upcoming matches.
- Mitchell Santner is a decent choice from Barbados Trident mainly due to the lack of other available options. He contributes with the bat in the lower-order while opens the bowling for his team on most occasions.
Who will win JAM vs BAR Today Match Prediction?
As per our Dream11 predictions, Jamaica Tallawahs are primed to win this match against Barbados Tridents. This is mainly due to form of the Tridents and the quality of players that Jamaica Tallawahs have. Barbados fans would still be hoping to end the disappointing campaign with a win in the last match.
Never miss an update, visit Google News & FOLLOW US.