JAM vs SKN Dream11 Match Prediction Cricket Jamaica Tallawahs vs St Kitts and Nevis Patriots CPL T20 3 September
Updated on: Sep 3, 2020 6:22 pm IST
JAM vs SKN Dream11 Prediction: In the last week of this year’s Caribbean Premier League, the matches are moving thick and fast. Some of the teams have already strengthen their positions while others are trying stay ahead of the pack to ensure themselves a qualification for the semifinals. In an important game for Jamaica Tallawahs, they will take on St Kitts and Nevis Patriots today. We will preview the match in our Dream11 fantasy cricket.
Jamaica Tallawahs had a pretty average last match against Trinbago Knight Riders a couple of days earlier. Bowling first, all the bowlers proved expansive apart from the two spinners. They made a mistake in team selection and had to rely on Rovman Powell for a full quota of 4 overs. That’s a very dangerous territory to be in as TKR posted a score of 184 runs on the board from their 20 overs. In reply, Glen Phillips again played a good hand but others were slow getting off the blocks in top order. The required rate kept on mounting and even Andre Russell’s blitzkrieg was not enough for Jamaica Tallawahs on that day.
Poor season for St Kitts and Nevis Patriots continued on as they faced another loss against Trinbago Knight Riders yesterday. Bowling first, the Patriots bowlers were unable to provide regular breakthroughs and as a result of that TKR got a perfect launch-pad at the end with plenty of wickets in hand. Only Dominic Drakes had a good outing with a couple of scalps as TKR piled on 174 runs from their 20 overs. In reply, Evin Lewis was dismissed very early but the struggles of Chris Lynn all through his innings summarized his CPL this year really. He couldn’t get any momentum in his innings and wasted pretty important balls for his team. He made 34 from 46 balls as others also failed to make any impressions. St Kitts and Nevis Patriots lost the match by a massive margin of 59 runs.
In head-to-head comparisons, both teams are neck and neck from the matches played between them in the past. Both teams have 6 wins each from 12 matches between them. However, St Kitts and Nevis Patriots have been dominant in recent matches by winning 4 out of last 5 matches. In the first meeting this year, Jamaica Tallawahs beat the Patriots comfortably by 37 runs at Queen’s Park Oval.
Pitch and Conditions
The weather forecast is not looking great today in Tarouba as thunderstorms are predicted. We can only hope that it won’t conceptualize during the match-time and we get a full game of 20 overs between these two sides. The pitch is helping the spinners but the scores have been reasonable so far here at The Brian Lara Stadium with a good bounce also helping the shot makers.
JAM vs SKN Dream11 Teams Match Details
Fixture name: Jamaica Tallawahs Vs St Kitts and Nevis Patriots, Match 25 CPL T20
Competition: CPL T20
Date: 3rd September 2020
Time: 7:30 PM IST
Stadium: The Brian Lara Stadium, Tarouba
Head to Head (Last 5 games)
Jamaica Tallawahs: 01, St Kitts and Nevis Patriots: 04, Tie: 00
Points Table Standings
Jamaica Tallawahs: Played- 7, Won- 3, Lost- 4, Point- 6, Standing- 4th
St Kitts and Nevis Patriots: Played- 8, Won- 1, Lost- 7, Points- 2, Standing- 6th
JAM vs SKN Dream11 Team Prediction
Let’s take a look at the expected lineups for both the teams in today match prediction.
Jamaica Tallawahs Squad
Rovman Powell (C), Glenn Phillips (wk), Chadwick Walton, Jermaine Blackwood, Andre Russell, Asif Ali, Carlos Brathwaite, Ryan Persaud, Oshane Thomas, Sandeep Lamichhane, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Fidel Edwards, Ramaal Lewis, Veerasammy Permaul, Preston McSween, Nicholas Kirton, Nkrumah Bonner
Jamaica Tallawahs Team News
- We are expecting some changes to the playing XI of Jamaica Tallawahs for today’s match.
- Chadwick Walton returned to the top in the last match but he made a duck. So, it will be interesting to see the choice of an opener along with Glenn Phillips.
- Jermaine Blackwood, Nkrumah Bonner, Rovman Powell will play in the middle order along with the lower order of Andre Russell, Asif Ali and Carlos Brathwaite. But they need a specialist bowling option in the place of one of the all-rounders if Andre Russell is not going to bowl.
- Fidel Edwards was the only fast-bowling option in the last match while Mujeeb Ur Rahman and Sandeep Lamichhane will continue to find their places in the playing XI.
JAM Playing 11 (Probable)
Glenn Phillips (wk)
Mujeeb Ur Rahman
St Kitts and Nevis Patriots Squad
Rayad Emrit (C), Chris Lynn, Evin Lewis, Denesh Ramdin (wk), Ben Dunk, Nicholas Kelly, Joshua Da Silva, Sohail Tanvir, Kieran Powell, Jahman Hamilton, Ish Sodhi, Sheldon Cottrell, Alzarri Joseph, Jon-Russ Jaggesar, Dominic Drakes, Colin Archibald, Imran Khan
St Kitts and Nevis Patriots Team News
- St Kitts and Nevis Patriots have tried almost everything this year and nothing has worked so far for them in this season.
- The place of Chris Lynn is again questionable with his extremely slow innings yesterday against TKR. Evin Lewis also had only one good innings this year.
- Joshua Da Silva, Ben Dunk and Denesh Ramdin will play in the middle order along with Dominic Drakes.
- Alzarri Joseph, Rayad Emrit and Sheldon Cottrell will play as fast-bowling options while Imran Khan and Jon-Russ Jaggesar will take care of spin-bowling duties.
SKN Playing 11 (Probable)
Joshua Da Silva
Denesh Ramdin (wk)
Rayad Emrit (C)
JAM vs SKN Dream 11 Prediction Today Cricket Match
For Small Leagues
- Glenn Phillips is at the top of the tree in run-scoring charts for this season. He has made 248 runs from 7 innings and has played a crucial role for Jamaica Tallawahs like he had done in last couple of seasons.
- Andre Russell made a return to the playing XI in the last match and he is not looking fully fit. He played only as a specialist batsman and he is still your best bet. He slammed a blazing half-century and the same thing is expected of him every time he goes into bat for the Tallawahs.
- Rayad Emrit is the best possible pick for the captaincy position from St Kitts and Nevis Patriots. His spells have been economical so far along with some useful breakthroughs. He went wicket-less in last two outings but you can expect the experience to come good today.
For Grand Leagues
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman is the highest wicket-taker for this year’s CPL till now. He has a total of 13 scalps from 7 innings as batsmen are finding it very difficult to play him on these slow pitches.
- Another spinner from the Tallawahs, Sandeep Lamichhane is the logical choice for the grand leagues in today’s match. He has taken 10 wickets this season and just like his partner, this Nepalese leg-spinner is mixing it perfectly in the given conditions.
- Evin Lewis is a kind of player on whom you are tempted to put your money on even after the disappointments. He is also struggling with his fitness but if he is playing, then he can be a very good option for the grand leagues.
Who will win JAM vs SKN Today Match Prediction?
As per Dream11 predictions, Jamaica Tallawahs are overwhelming favourites to win this match against St Kitts and Nevis Patriots today. The Patriots are not looking like winning a match anytime soon but you never know in T20 cricket. But if they come out and are able to beat Jamaica Tallawahs today, we would call that an ‘upset’.