KOL vs DC Dream11 Match Prediction FREE TEAMS | KKR vs DC Today IPL Match 24 October
Updated on: Oct 24, 2020 12:48 pm IST
KOL vs DC Dream11 Prediction: Kolkata Knight Riders are in top 4 currently but may find themselves out of that as early as tonight. To stop that from happening, they will have to up their game significantly from the last match as one of the in-form teams in the competition awaits them at Abu Dhabi today. This will be an afternoon match and will kick-start one of the most important weekends in the tournament. We will preview KKR vs DC Dream11 contest.
Kolkata Knight Riders would want to erase the last match from their memories if they haven’t already done that. Batting first against RCB, they lost their top 4 on the score of just 14 runs against attacking Mohammed Siraj. Yes, there were movement off the pitch but all they needed to do was to play out first couple of overs. Things got even worse for them as they continued losing wickets at regular intervals. Only captain Eoin Morgan made 30 but still KKR were long way away from reaching hundred as a team. Nothing much that bowlers could have done defending a total like 84 as RCB completed the formalities with more than 6 overs to spare.
Delhi Capitals are also coming off from an indifferent performance against Kings XI Punjab in their last match. Batting first, Shikhar Dhawan continued on his terrific form and he backed up his hundred against CSK with another one here. But others struggled to get going to say the least. DC posted 164 runs on the board out of which, 106 were from the bat of Shikhar Dhawan. In bowling, spinners began well as Axar Patel and Ravichandran Ashwin picked up wickets early. Kagiso Rabada came back in the middle to dismiss dangerous Nicholas Pooran and Glenn Maxwell but damage was already done by then. KXIP chased down the total with an over to spare and won the match by 5 wickets.
In head-to-head comparisons, Kolkata Knight Riders are slightly ahead against their north Indian rivals. KKR have won 13 matches while DC prevailed on 12 occasions thanks to their recent charge. In last 5 matches, Delhi Capitals have had an upper hand with 4 consecutive wins. In the first meeting this year at Sharjah, DC beat KKR by 18 runs in a high-scoring affair.
Pitch and Conditions
Abu Dhabi is getting a very difficult venue for the batsmen. Scores have gone absolute south in the recent trends here. A fresh pitch will be used today but it should still continue to assist the bowlers due to tiredness. Spinners from both the sides will be in play big time as the match goes on. Batting first after winning the toss in afternoon games here should be a straight-forward decision.
KKR vs DC Dream11 Teams Match Details
Fixture name: Kolkata Knight Riders Vs Delhi Capitals, Match 42, IPL 2020
Competition: IPL 2020
Date: 24th October 2020
Time: 3:30 PM IST
Stadium: Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
Points Table Standings
Kolkata Knight Riders: Matches- 10, Win- 5, Loss- 5, Points- 10, Standing- 4th
Delhi Capitals: Matches-10, Win- 7, Loss- 3, Points- 14, Standing- 2nd
Head to Head (Last 5 games)
Kolkata Knight Riders: 01, Delhi Capitals: 04, NR: 00
Kolkata Knight Riders: LWLLW
Delhi Capitals: LWWLW
Last Match at the Venue
Kolkata Knight Riders (84/8, 20 Overs) lost to Royal Challengers Bangalore (85/2, 13.3 Overs) by 8 wickets, 21st October 2020.
KOL vs DC Dream11 Team Prediction
Let’s take a look at the squad news and KKR Vs DC Dream11 predictions for today’s encounter.
Kolkata Knight Riders Team News
- KKR may bring back Sunil Narine today, if not they may field same playing XI from their last match.
- Shubman Gill and Rahul Tripathi will open the innings for them again but both will look to get big runs under their belts rather than just pretty 20s.
- Nitish Rana has been found out at times by oppositions but is likely to get another opportunity today. Dinesh Karthik and Eoin Morgan would be hoping to get some platform to launch when they come to bat today.
- If Sunil Narine comes in, he along with Pat Cummins will be their bowling all-rounders. Lockie Ferguson has been their best addition to playing XI in last couple of matches. Varun Chakravarthy has been impressive this year but Prasidh Krishna and Kuldeep Yadav are not at their best recently.
KOL Playing 11 (Probable)
Delhi Capitals Team News
- A couple of changes are expected today in the playing XI for Delhi Capitals.
- Prithvi Shaw has faded away after an impressive start to the season while Shikhar Dhawan has been their most in-form batsman.
- The middle order of Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant, Marcus Stoinis and Shimron Hetmyer is their strongest suit and should be looking forward to have another good outing as they propel towards the business end.
- Axar Patel has done exceedingly well for them this year and has also closed out a couple of games for them. Ravichandran Ashwin has been bowling beautifully while Harshal Patel may come back in place of Tushar Deshpande today. Anrich Nortje is also likely to feature after a break to complete the fiery combination with Kagiso Rabada in KOL vs DC Dream11 prediction.
DC Playing 11 (Probable)
KOL vs DC Dream 11 Prediction Today Cricket Match
WK: Rishabh Pant
Batsmen: Shreyas Iyer, Shikhar Dhawan, Shubman Gill, Eoin Morgan
All-rounders: Axar Patel, Marcus Stoinis
Bowlers: Kagiso Rabada, Ravichandran Ashwin, Prasidh Krishna, Lockie Ferguson
For Small Leagues
- Lockie Ferguson is an obvious pick from Kolkata Knight Riders. He has only played two games till now but still made a bigger impact than anyone else in the bowling department for them. He has picked up 4 scalps from those two matches. He hasn’t been used against the top order but with Prithvi Shaw struggling against quality pace, KKR might be tempted to give him a go with the new ball today.
- Shikhar Dhawan is coming off from two back to back tons in previous two outings. So, there are no better options on form than him today. He is second on the list of leading run-scorers this year with 465 runs from 10 innings. He is having one of his best patches in T20 career with last five scores of 106*, 101*, 57, 69* & 5.
- Kagiso Rabada is another premier option from today’s lineups. He hasn’t gone wicketless in last 24 IPL matches. He guarantees some points to your team and gives you plenty on his days. With 21 scalps from 10 matches, he is holding the purple cap firmly at the moment.
For Grand Leagues
- Eoin Morgan can be an option in the grand leagues if you are looking for a differential. He has 278 runs from 10 innings at an average of 39.71 so far. Only constraint for him would be his game time but with KKR top order in not such great form, he is likely to come to bat before the half-way mark.
- Shreyas Iyer has not had a standout season but not a bad one either. He has 335 runs at average of 37.22 this season. He played a breath-taking innings of 88* when DC met KKR in first fixture at Sharjah earlier.
- Delhi Capitals offer plenty of different options today and Rishabh Pant is another one of those. He came back in playing XI in the last match after a break due to an injury. He hasn’t played a Rishabh Pant innings yet in the season but that may come today against KKR. If he comes off, he would offer differential potential to your lineup.
Who will win KOL vs DC Today Match Prediction?
As per our KKR vs DC Today Match Predictions, Delhi Capitals are overwhelmingly favourites to win this encounter. DC have played better cricket so far compared to KKR, who have been hot and cold with their performances. Yes, KKR do have match-winners up their sleeves but Delhi Capitals look far superior outfit with man-to-man comparisons.