NOR vs LEI Dream11 | Northamptonshire vs Leicestershire Match Prediction Tips | Who will win Today Match
North Group, Royal London One-Day Cup
Northamptonshire vs Leicestershire Dream11 Prediction
The County Ground, Northampton, May 17 at 10:00 AM Local/3:30 PM IST
After less than impressive start to their County Championship campaign, Northamptonshire will be aiming to change their fortunes in the Royal London One Day Cup when they host Leicestershire in the first game of the limited over campaign on Thursday. The hosts, however, are in good form as far as bowling is concerned.
Offseason recruits Brett Hutton and Luke Procter have racked up some good numbers between them, while big-name players such as Ben Sanderson, Richard Gleeson, and Steven Crook have also collected few wickets amongst themselves.
Leicestershire, on the other hand, have had a decent campaign so far. The Foxes have played four games in the 2018 County Championship, winning one, losing one and drawing the other two. So they should be much more confident than the hosts to get a result in this match.
But despite hosts lacking some momentum coming into this match, they could still get their tails up for this particular clash considering how they fared last season against the visitors. Northamptonshire sealed two victories over Leicestershire last year, in both the Specasavers County Championship and in the T20 Blast.
Although the results of last season don’t have any bearing on this fixture, and that’s why the first match of the season between these two sides is shaping up to be very interesting.
NOR vs LEI Team News
- Nathan Buck, Rob Newton and Richard Gleeson all are out injured for the hosts and won’t be taking part in this game.
- Ben Raine will be spearheading the visitors’ attack after he took 6-86 and hit a useful 65 in their recent championship match against Glamorgan.
- Ned Eckersley and Zak Chappell are returning from injury to give another boost to Leicestershire Foxes ahead of tomorrow’s Royal London One-Day Cup opener at Northamptonshire Steelbacks.
- The 13-man Foxes are expected to be field a similar playing 11 to the last squad named in the County Championship with Eckersley and Chappell coming in.
- Dieter Klein is expected to be rested.
Northamptonshire vs Leicestershire Squads
Alex Wakely (capt./wk), Luke Procter, Ben Duckett, Richard Levi, Joshua Cobb, Adam Rossington (wk), Rob Keogh, Steven Crook, Doug Bracewell, Brett Hutton, Ben Sanderson
Foxes (from 13): Carberry (capt), Aaron, Ackermann, Chappell, Cosgrove, Dexter, Eckersley, Griffiths, Hill, Horton, Javid, Parkinson, Raine.
NOR vs LEI Key Players
- Seasoned Australian Cricketer Steven Crook remains Northamptonshire’s one of the best players even at a ripe age of 34. He scored a magnificent 92 and took 4-fer in the red-ball game in the last game.
- Doug Bracewell also has the ability to perform with both bat and ball.
- Ben Raine is their go-to man in all situations. He can certainly bowl as good as any other bowler while his contribution lower down the order is priceless.
Note: This NOR vs LEI Dream11 prediction is based on news sourced from various sources. We suggest you pick your playing 11 from the squad listed above basis Northamptonshire vs Leicestershire team news.