The hugely talented sides from the North Group, Northamptonshire and Nottinghamshire are looking to open their account in the new season of the 2019 Vitality T20 blast. Still awaiting their first victories in the English T20 Blast 2019, both sides lost their opening round of fixture added to the fact the rain gods not being too much in favour towards Nottinghamshire. As the Notts lost to Northamptonshire, the Northants came second in a very closely contested match against Durham. Nottinghamshire’s next game was abandoned due to rain and both teams will keenly look to start the new season with unrivaled confidence at the Trent Bridge.
The last season wasn’t a good outing for Northamptonshire since they never really got going and inhabited the last spot in the points table with 2 matches won and 11 losses and a scanty total of 5 points for the season.
The Notts, on the other hand, had a profitable season last year. They stood 4th on the table with 8 matches won out of the 14 played and lost 6 with an impressive total of 16 points, which was 3 points less than the league leaders Northamptonshire.
The North Group game in the Vitality T20 Blast 2019 will be contested between Nottinghamshire and Northamptonshire at the Trent Bridge in Nottingham.
The surface at the Trent Bridge has assisted the slow bowlers in the previous game. It is anticipated to behave the same way and the bowlers with more variations might thrive. Chasing a total has been particularly tough at the venue and the team winning the toss should choose to bat first.
Average first innings score: 189 (Last six T20 matches at the venue)
Record of chasing teams: Won – 0, Lost – 6
Weather: Patchy rain possible, 72% Humidity, 20.1 Degree Celsius
Nottinghamshire won: 03
Northamptonshire won: 02
No result: 01
NOR vs NOTTeam News:
Nottinghamshire team news:
Northamptonshire team news:
1. Harry Gurney – Bowler, Nottinghamshire- With two wickets for just 33 runs, Gurney made a damage on the Worcestershire batting attack just when they were about to switch gears. Gurney is a talisman and is almost relentless when he is in the groove.
Harry Gurney in 2018 T20 Blast:
2. Alex Hales – Batsman, Nottinghamshire- unquestionably the top pick among Nottingham batsmen in the first game, scored a quickfire half-century against Worcestershire in their previous game.
3. Adam Rossington – Wicketkeeper/Batsman, Northamptonshire- Rossington’s stats are impartial to the impact he has on the field. Although he has a very secure pair of hands, his style of play suits truly well to the shortest format of the game.
4. Samit Patel – All-rounder, Nottinghamshire- Two wickets for 26 runs in no way is an ordinary bowling figure in T20s. Patel did have an effect with the ball in the first game against Worcestershire and has been quite dependable with his spells
5. Dwaine Pretorious – All-rounder, Northamptonshire- Although he didn’t have an enjoyable start to the tournament, there is no doubt that the South Africa all-rounder is one of the heavyweights in the team. Pretorious flourishes in pressure situations and is a safe bet to have in your Fantasy Cricket team.
Joe Clarke, Alex Hales, Ben Duckett, Jake Libby, Tom Moores (WK), Danie Christian (C), Samit Patel, Luke Wood, Matthew Carter, Jake Ball, Harry Gurney.
Bench – Steven Mullaney, Chris Nash, Zak Chappel
Charlie Thruston, Adam Rossington (WK), Joshua Cobb (C), Matt Coles, Alex Wakely, Dwaine Pretorius, Rob Keogh, Faheem Ashraf, Tom Sole, Graeme White, Ben Sanderson,
Bench – Nathan Buck, Luke Procter, Ben Curran.
Nottinghamshire squad: Jake Ball, Sole Budinger, Matthew Carter, Danie Christian (C), Joe Clarke, Ben Duckett, Luke Fletcher, Harry Gurney, Alex Hales, Jake Libby, Tom Moores (WK), Chris Nash, Samit Patel, Luke Wood,
Northamptonshire squad: Faheem Ashraf, Nathan Buck, Joshua Cobb (C), Matt Coles, Rob Keogh, Ben Curran, Dwaine Pretorius, Luke Procter, Adam Rossington (WK), Ben Sanderson, Tom Sole, Charlie Thruston, Graeme White, Alex Wakely.
Keeper – Adam Rossington
Batsmen – Ben Duckett, Alex Hales, Jake Libby, Rob Keogh
All-Rounders – Samit Patel, Joshua Cobb, Dwaine Pretorius
Bowlers – Harry Gurney, Graeme White, Matt Coles.
Captain options: Alex Hales, Joshua Cobb